21 - Deals

Melody's POV

"Finally this storm has let up." Kane says while walking in to the club house. "Yeah we can finally go to the edge. And I can see my parents." I smile. I only got to see them for a minute or two after I was rescued because I fell asleep in Kane's arms but when I woke up they had already headed home. "I know you miss them. I miss my parents too" Terra walks up to me. "Yeah. We should I saddle up then get going." I say. "Well.. sounds good to me but where's Liam?" Kane's asks. "Hm. I don't know. I saw him earlier. Then he rushes in to the club house holding a terrier mail, he was out of breath he must have been running. "It's for you." He hands it over to me. I open it and read it silently.

Dear pretty Melody,
Oh, dear, I do hate to inform you of this but I have captured your parents, and all of the riders you call your family. I want you to come alone. I will give them to you alive, maybe not unharmed. But alive. Today. In three hours. On the floating island. I know you have the amulet, because I can not seem to find it here on the island. The amulet for your family. I think that's fair.
-Hunter Grimborn

"No!" I slam the paper down on the table. "What's It say?" Kane asks. "They have the others... all of them.. and they found the island." I look up at them with my eyes. "No... the other dragons.. we need to go Melody. We can't leave them" Hero sounded worried. "I know Hero. But he wants the amulet. I can't just give it to him. Do you know what he will do?" I look down at her. "This isn't good. We need to go now Melody" Liam tells me. "No. You can't. He wants me to come alone. In three hours" I tell them. I take my hands off the table and walk over to Hero and place my hands on the saddle. "You can't seriously be going in alone. Remember what happened last time you were alone?" Kane protests. I look down to the saddle not saying anything. "Oh. I'm sorry." He apologizes. "It's fine. But I need to prove my self.." I look up at them. "To who Melody? Who do you need to prove your self to?" Liam asks. Terra hasn't said a word. "Me... I need to prove myself to me, Liam. And... I'm not alone..." I say and look at Hero. "I have Hero, and the amulet, and there are other dragons there... I'll be ok" I say while getting onto Hero's back. "Melody..." "Kane you can't stop me" "I know I can't. But if you aren't back by sunset we will come looking for you. Got it?" He steps towards me and Hero. I give him a small nod. We go to take off before I hear Terra. "Bring our family home safe Melody. Please" her voice was sad. "I will. I promise." I say before Hero and I take to the skies.

Hiccups POV

"Toothless. Toothless can you here me? Come on bud wake up" I say through the cage. "Hiccup..." I hear Astrid. I turn around and lean back on the cage. I let my legs give out and I hit the floor. "This isn't us. Have we really lost our spark?" Heather asks us. "There's Nothing we can do.." I respond. "That's not the hiccup i know. The hiccup I knew and fell in love with wouldn't let us just sit here. He would put himself before others, he would do anything to get his team out of here.." Astrid tries to boost my confidence. I lean my head back on the cage. "I can't think straight... I don't know why.." I say. Then I heard someone walk up to the cage. I get up and turn to see who it was. It was Hunter. I give him a strong glare. He smirks at me before turning to toothless who was still out cold on the floor. "Get up you overgrown lizard." He said rudely before kicking him. "No!! Stop! Leave him alone!!" I yelled, then I see him flutter his eyes open. His eyes were red and he growled deep in his throat. "Toothless! You need to get out of here! Find Melody!" I called to him but he turned to me and growled. I was shocked. He's
Never done this. "What did you do to him?!" I demanded. All hunter did was laugh. "I made him... useful." Was all he said before he laughed evilly. Toothless looked up at him then his back. "No... you have to be kidding me... he doesn't let anyone ride him but me or Dad..." i say in shock. "Hiccup this isn't him. He's not being himself. What ever he did is causing this." Fishlegs informs me. "Yeah... I know. He would never do this to me." I say back. Then all of a sudden the cage shook and I look around then up to see a titan zippleback lifting the small ship and flying after toothless and Hunter. "Where are we going?!" Snotlout yelled. "Well.. the floating island of corse." Hunter responded. All I do is sit back down and wait till we arrive.