chapitre 3 Sylvia

notice

I'm gonna skip the traveling , bandits attack, fall off the cliff, Sylvia meeting ,it's now when Art finished learning mana rotation .also I'm going to start skipping thing that I consider not useful for my fanfic but if you want something in particular I can try in a filler like chapter. enjoy:) .

______________________________________________________________________________

Art Pov:

"Sylvia, look I can finally do it !!"I said with the overwhelming feeling of mana against my body being absorbed while moving even if it is only around 15% of what I can absorb in meditation .

"Well done my little Art ! you can now try to learn other things for exemple how to hide the mana you are using while conjuring ! i'm sure you can do it." she said happy for me but I was dumb founded 

"WHAT??!!! How can someone conjure something without the other knowing it ??" I ask still not believing what I just heard. 

"Yes, of course it's possible. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't the case ." I just stared at her not completely sure if I had the capacity to do it since I'm only a light red core augmenter. (liam is like Ellie he doesn't have problem firing spell while being an augmenter )

"Can you explain it to me ? and also show it?" I ask in wonder this time

"The thing is I am already doing it ,little Art." she replied with a smile , even with this big form I could discerned her expression with my past life as a Queen I could easily read people mood or real intention, from sylvia it was joy most of the time but pain also more and more frequently ,since she has this big wound on her chest that is getting bigger and bigger by the time which only worry me .

"Ok ... i don't get it " I said at which she laughed , getting embarrassed by my lack of understanding in magic in this world . 

"Oh don't pout it will make you less prettier, how can you get a boyfriend or even a husband if you get frustrated by something that you don't understand or something you can't do".

"Huh , thank you. I know I'm pretty but I don't plan on getting married to someone or getting a boyfriend my age." I replied deadpan . 

"Oooohhh won't you give your grandma grandchildren?" She asked dramatically with her giant hand where her heart should be before becoming a little more serious. "You know Fate always stores things we expect the least and for me I am sure that you will find someone . And this person will be your support and most important person in your life you will grow to be longing for him.... Oh I'm sorry I got off track here." As she finished I saw a sad smile which led me to ask.

"Was there someone like that for you? since say it as if you were the one living it." seconds pass to what felt like hours, starting to regret asking such a sensitive question I wanted to just brush it off but then 

"Yes." ,"Yes , my husband who I loved deeply , we even have a child ... but I no longer see that man as the lovely person he once was ." She said with eyes that scream with determination she then showed me a multicolored stone which was obviously an egg since she said she had a child .

"Why is it still in an egg ?" I asked 

"She can not hatch since she needs the mother to be in a safe place and as you can see we are not ."I just nodded in understanding that there was another meaning "we are not" ,not wanting to dig deeper than I already have. We just continued on the magic to learn .

___________________________________________________________________

4 months later I'm finally able to use mirage walk as Sylvia calls it but then she started shaking and the wound on her chest was bleeding a lot. I knew she was going to die soon but I wasn't ready for it. I run to catch up to her and help her sit since I am now 4 and a half. I have more strength with her helping me .

"I suspected that you would already know that I was going to die ." she said weakly before getting serious .

" Art I want you to take my child with you so he or she can have a life hopefully far from the danger of this world, I want you to protect her for me." I start to cry like the child I actually was.

"To help in this task that I bestow you I will give you my unique beast will. Your future growth will depend on it . And since I know a Human body can not handle it really well I will also give you my body so you will be like " as she said that her body began to glow in bright gold before taking the form of a beautiful dragon . With her white scale , gorgeous amethyst eye that is out of this world , her huge horns on each side of her head and those golden runes all over each side of her still huge body .

" Grandma!!!! You're a d-d-DRAgon!" I ask in complete disbelief .She chuckles before saying "Do I look more like Sylvia now ?" she ask teasingly ."unfortunately this will be our last moment since the enemy is here "

"Lady Sylvia! I advise you to stop your stubbornness and hand it over. You've already caused us quite the trouble after hiding yourself! If you submit, the Lord may even heal your wound," the entity reasoned impatiently.

Immediately after he had finished speaking, the world around me seemed to pause. Everything but Sylvia and myself, the colors of the world were as though it was being seen through an inverted lense. What surprised me the most was that everything was still. The entity, the clouds behind him, and even the falling debris of the ceiling.

Ignoring the enemy, Sylvie casually peeked underneath her wing. "I'll open the portal now. I didn't have the time to make it go directly to your home but it should take you to a place with humans nearby. Do not let him see you and do not look back," she whispered, her eyes solemn.

I ignored Sylvia's instructions after I heard what the entity had promised. "Sylvia! Is what he said true? If you turn yourself over, will you be able to live?"

"Do not trust his honey-coated words. It will be worse off for you if you are found right now. As for me, I would rather die than go back to where he is," Sylvia said, impatience and anger mixed in her voice.

"No! I won't let you die here. If you refuse to go with him, then please, just come with me!" I begged.

"Unfortunately I cannot go with you. You will forever be in danger if any one of them finds out you have had contact with me. I need to stay here."

Sylvia gently wiped my cheeks with a claw, her draconic eyes lined with what I saw as tears.

"You asked me once, why I chose to save you. The truth was to satisfy my own greed. I wanted to keep you as my own child even for just a little bit. I intentionally prolonged the transportation spell because I wished to spend more time with you, but it seems I didn't even have the chance to finish it. I'm sorry, little Art, for my selfishness but I have one last request to make...please bear with me and like that give me her will and dragon egg "

"This is only a goodbye Art I will always be with you in your mana core , you body will almost be in par with my kind and most importantly here" as she said that she pointed my heart, I cried and hug her before saying our goodbyes .In my last moment with her, Sylvia's face blossomed into such a beautiful smile that I swear I thought I saw a human.

I could barely make out the words she said, before she pushed me into the portal.

"Thank you, my child."

I opened my eyes and felt that my body was different ,stronger and more durable but then it suddenly hit me that she was gone .

________________________________________________________________________________short chapter yet again next one is already done almost the double of this one .lot of idea in head let me know if you have some :)