chapter 13 shining time

Liam Pov:

The ballroom inside the Helstea Manor had been lavishly decorated with colorful string tapestries hung along with other fine embellishments on the tables and stage to match. The elaborate placement of the orbs that made up the chandelier sparkled, creating a serene ambience as the guests started entering through the towering front doors.

I was dressed very formally for the special birthday party the Helsteas and my family decided to throw for Ellie. Sporting a black suit with a white-collared shirt underneath, the only bit of color in my ensemble was the light blue scarf I had tied underneath the shirt collar. I wanted the black handkerchief but big sis said that it will match my hair and eyes.

Since the ballroom was located in the opposite wing from our rooms, Ellie had no idea that we were throwing her this party. She was under the assumption that both of their families were going out to a fancy restaurant so she was excitedly getting ready with her mother ,sister and Lilia, who came back for the occasion. She will be our senior at the academy .

I still had difficulties walking so I used gravity to or mana in my legs to walk, I would say one week until I completely reformed my bones .Sylvie and Murray were sleeping inside my room, their body still getting used to the big change they underwent recently. I would have to drop food for them.

"Welcome. Please come in." Putting on a gentlemanly smile, I welcomed Ellie's lady friends she met at school, a duty I was assigned by Alice and one I wasn't too fond of but couldn't complain about

Met with shy giggles and red faces, I kept a gentle smile on as more and more guests started trickling out of their carriages, accompanied by a driver and a chaperone.

The attendees of Elli's party consisted of her female friends, the female friends' chaperones, which were an older group of people, and either my parents' friends or Vincent and Tabitha's friends. By eight in the evening, most of the people on the list had arrived and Alice announced that they would come shortly .

"Well aren't you dressed all neat and spiffy?" I turned around back toward the door to see Gideon in his signature brown lab coat—a cleaner one at least—and a set of new goggles hanging on his neck.

"This is quite a pleasant surprise, Mr. Gideon." My smile must've tipped him off because he grumbled under his breath before replying, "You darn well knew that I would try and see your girlfriend again didn't you?" .

"I supposed but you will have to wait a little since she is with her sister. They should be coming shortly , ah she is going to the two girls in the corner you can go now but be quick . I don't think she would be pleased being late for her sister's arrival?"I said to him, still smiling . He just nodded and went inside.

Looking inside I saw that Lucas and Lijah were talking and glancing at me for time to time , didn't know why but anyway back to my duty I welcomed the last guest of the party before seeing that two person wasn't here, I wanted to stay but the maid made an announcement .

"Everyone, please get ready! Lady Alice and Eleanor are both on their way here!" the maid announced before she signaled to turn off all of the lights.

"...Mama, I thought we were going to go out for dinner? Where are we..."

"SURPRISE!" a synchronized chorus of voices exclaimed.

With the chandelier sparkling on and an array of artifacts popping off in colorful lights, Ellie's confused face turned from initial surprise to pure joy. Her eyes widened and cheeks blushed red as her hands instinctively went to cover her gaping mouth.

She didn't have too long to indulge in her moment of astonishment as her school lady friends all ran up to her and gave her hugs, almost carrying her away along with Lilia.