chapter 26: a break

Liam was about to say that he didn't have anything in mind for now but he was cut short by Art.

"Can we have two days of rest except if something important came up." Said Art with excitement as if all her tiredness vanished.

"If that would be all it's doable. You can rest for now." Said Virion, they both bowed and thanked the leaders but as Art stood up she collapsed to the ground.

"Art are you ok?" Asked Teria as he came to help her.

"Yeah I'm alright Teri just need to rest. How long since I used aether Liam?" Asked Art, Liam took her in a bridal style.

"Less than 2 hours, that's why you can't walk. We will take our leave." Said Liam as Sylv and Mur jumped on Liam's shoulders.

Once inside his room Liam put Art on his bed and they both led there and took a little nap.

Once Art could move again she took off her gears and took a shower. Once she returned to the living room she cuddled with Liam.

"Your manipulation of aether looks super tiring from what I see, when I use Vivum I have a little fatigue but nothing else. What are you doing with aether?" Asked Liam curious.

Art head turned to face Liam and smirked "I can use aether to augment myself and can even create small things plus creating things don't tax me anything, I wanted to surprise you."

he looked at her deadpan, "that's sound overpowered, I can augment my spells but not my body, please rely on this only if you are in great danger or on creation."

She only nodded and cuddled further, since they already slept more than needed they went out for a walk, they bumped into Virion.

"Great timing you two, I was actually going to your rooms, since you two already took down part of the main forces of the enemy we are organizing a celebration tomorrow evening. To give hope to the people." Said Virion with excitement, his right arm rising up pointing to the sky.

Art was smiling while Liam chuckled at their commander's antics. "That more like it, I thought that the training with the asura changed you completely but it looks like I was wrong, good to see you back boy wonder." Said Virion with a warm smile on his face, he ruffled Liam's hair a little, for him Liam was still a child that didn't deserve all this trouble of war.

"Yeah. But I will still act like that at important meetings, there is a time and place where it's not appropriate to act like the teenager I am. Just look at Mica trying her best to be serious during meetings." laughed Liam, imagining the little dwarf holding a laughter sometime.

"What? You're watching that old loli hag? And here I thought you loved me." Said Art as she wiped a fake tear from her eye.

"You know you're actually old too,right?" Said Virion deadpanned.

"HMMP look who's talking, a 200 year old elf saying I am old, it's only mentally, physically give me some years and I will be at my prime." Said Art with confidence, busting her chest like she knew it was bound to happen.

"It didn't take me your prime to fall for you, ungrateful girlfriend that wants to impress other men." Said Liam as he crossed his arms, Art thinking she lost him jumped and hugged him.

"No, I'm sorry! Forgive me! please!!" cried Art, Liam only laughed at her. Virion smiled warmly at the scene in front of his eyes. A fourth person appeared.

"Grampa, Mom and Dad are looking for you, oh hey Art are you feeling better?" asked Teria who came out of the other hallway. Getting off Liam's body, Art got back on her feet and made a little spin.