chapter 28: the Wall

3rd pov

It has been a month since the defeat of the three scythes, with so many Lances it was difficult to assign all of them on a mission and not a life threatening mission but today was different. All of the new Lances made progress at a fast rate they could at least be at a retainer level.

Liam and Art interred the council room and saluted the royalty before taking a seat .

"Greeting Art , Liam today we need you two for two different missions, as you can see we are a little short on members since all the other lances are in dungeons helping their team that is why I will give you your next missions." Said Virion with a serious face.

They both nodded ready to take their orders. Virion made a pause and breath before explaining what they will have to do as the other council member just fought that it wasn't just for the two of them to have all those responsibilities.

"Art, your mission is to help the elves in the Forest of Elenoir, Alacryans has been spotted. They're trying to map the forest. You will be with Teria, he is the chef of the mission because he needs to prove his leadership. You'll be here in case a scythes or retainer appears." Said Virion, Art looked at him and nodded.

"As you wish, commander ." Said Art, she didn't want to prepare herself because she wanted to hear what would be Liam's mission.

"Liam, a huge horde of mana beasts have been spotted in the direction of the wall 2 days from it. I want you to go there and finish the horde with the help of Sylvie and murray." Said Virion , his mission was pretty simple plus with Sylvie and Murray he would have no problem doing so. Art's mission was with soldiers so she will have to keep most of the people alive while restraining herself.

"You can go to the Wall first then head toward the forest" said Virion. They discussed some other things but once they finished , they went to gear up and before taking off to the Wall Ellie and Boo appeared.

"Sister, I was wondering if you could take me to the wall?" Asked Ellie, shock and fear could be seen on Art's face.

"Absolutely not, you will stay here." Said Art with a serious face.

"I know it's not my place to interfere, but Ellie is a close and long range mage like me so she can just stay on the wall. And with Boo she will still be protected . All in All it could be a good experience , plus I'm here so no worries." Said Liam, he tried to help Ellie because he knows that she is lonely since her parents aren't here and her sister goes on missions almost all the time.

Art was pondering for a moment before talking, "What do you do if a mana beast appeared out of nowhere ?" asked Art, she wanted to know how her sister would react in time of crisis. Ellie didn't even take a second to answer.

"I ready myself and take in count my possibility while taking my distance." Said Ellie with determination. Art was taken aback, so she bombarded her sister with other questions which she answered perfectly.

"WHERE DID YOU LEARNED ALL THAT?" Cried Art, not finding any other question, she knew that Ellie was already a light orange core mage but she still didn't want her to go .

"Virion trained me when he had time." Said Ellie with a big smile, Art gave up and let Ellie come, she and Boo will stay on the wall. They took off for the wall. On their way there , they had small talk while the two dragons were resting in their animal forms. So Liam was taking Boo and Ellie with gravity, Ellie was making fun of Boo seeing his uneasiness and his thoughts.

After less than an hour the Wall came into vue. "That's sure to be a sight to behold." Said Art with a smile . "It sure is, let's go down and see if we can find the captain in charge and Teria." Said Liam as he let himself on free fall, it was a thing he loved doing much to Murray, Boo and Ellie displeasure.