chapter 5 a new life

After a some days of traveling we began our journey in the forest while learned to know each other , his name was Teria Eralith a young Elf boy one year older than me , it was that I destroyed to cliché of the knight in shining armor saving the princess since I'm a girl ,finally made it to our destination which was Teria home and we got through the portal as he grab my hand which I hated , no offense to him but it is weird you know what I mean.

Pristine.

That was the word that popped into my head as I gawked at the elven city. It appeared we had directly teleported right past the gates. What I saw before me were buildings that seemed to be built out of a jade-like material. These jade buildings were so flawless and smooth that each seemed to be carved from a single, huge stone.

While I stood, slack-jawed, still processing the world around me, a shadow whizzed in front of me suddenly, jolting me awake.

Teri was still holding onto my hand when a group of what seemed like guards arrived out of nowhere.

The guards ignored my presence as they suddenly kneeled in front of Tess In unison. "We welcome back the royal prince."

"..." My gaze flicked back and forth between the guards and Teri and I'm reminded of the time when I jokingly called Teria 'your highness'.

Teria was actually the prince of this whole kingdom?

When I tried to let go of Teria's hand he suddenly squeezed his hand tighter. In a voice so cold and apathetic that I mistook his voice for someone else's, he said, "You may rise."

They stood up with their right fist still crossing their chest when the knight in front speaks. "Prince, we arrived as soon as we saw that the royal teleportation gate had been used. The King and Queen are..."

Before he could finish speaking, I heard a cry not too far away.

"My baby! Teria, you're okay! Oh my baby!"

Running towards us was a middle aged man and woman. From the crown on the man's head and the tiara encircling the woman's forehead, I assumed that they were the King and Queen.

The King's tall, built body was uniformed in a loose, decorated robe. His emerald eyes were pointed upwards and his thin lips were tensed, matching his short, military style hair.

While the King had a dignified but somewhat reserved appearance, the Queen was breathtaking. Although she was a bit past her youthful stage, her age couldn't mask the beauty that she was.

The mother's cheeks were lined with tears as the father had a tense expression that looked like he was holding back tears as well.

I turned my gaze to see Teria's face visibly soften as she started tearing up as well. I let go of his hand and gently pushed him towards his parents, feeling a little sentimental myself.

Teria landed in the arms of his mother who started sobbing at this point on their knees, both burying their face in their daughter's shoulders.

The last to arrive was an old man well past his prime. His facial features are all sharp, with a gaze that could kill someone on contact. His hair was pure white and was tied in the back, face cleanly shaven. This elderly man didn't say anything, but his eyes did warm up a little when he saw Tessia.

It took several minutes for Teria and her parents to settle down. In the meantime, the guards were glaring at me with daggers in their eyes, as even the elder was eyeing me curiously.

The King finally stood up and while his eyes were red, he still carried an air of dignity. "As the King of Elenoir and the father of Tessia, I must apologize for this unsightly appearance of mine and more importantly, I wish to thank you for escorting my son back home safely," he stated, his voice coming out a bit hoarse. "Please accompany us to our home so that you may rest. Afterwards, you can tell us what happened."