Chapter 32: The End?

"Liam? You need to wake up now!!" Yelled Art, I looked at her curiously, why should I wake up since I'm already here with her.

"But I'm already awake. Look, I'm here with my beautiful wife in our dream house not too far from your parents, plus you should stop yelling, I'm sure even the baby hears you." I replied with a smug face, I saw her pout as she held her belly with our child inside. I took her in my arms and she hugged me back. It is truly a moment of peace in our life compared to 4 years ago when we were still in the academy.

"Seriously though, you need to wake up." She said, I looked at her again as she broke the hug.

"What? There is nothing to worry about, we are here right now and I'm awake." I said trying to convince her, she took out her sword but it wasn't coated in any magic we have here in Dicathen. Black flames covered it and she dashed at me with immense speed.

I instinctively parried with my spear, at this moment it hit me, I opened my eyes to face the already bloodied and covered in soul fire Agrona, we were battling for quite a while now. Where the old castle that Agrona had was now in ruin, our battle was already more than an hour long and with his soul fire healing him, and me adapting to my new strength and healing a minimum during the fight. I was able to keep up with him thanks to him not taking me seriously at the beginning.

Nico was a huge help for me even if she was an enemy she didn't want to be used by him, unfortunately soul fire does nothing to them so it is just black spikes from her decay mana art.

"You can't do anything to Kezess if you can't even kill us, Agrona. We've been fighting for hours now, don't you think you should surrender? I mean look at you, your once mighty castle is now nothing but dust, your pretty face reduced to soul fire by our attacks. Don't you see that you're losing against a simple lesser?" I asked him, he was boiling in anger but that was what I was aiming for, making him lose his temper.

I felt several people approaching our location but with Nico still unconscious by our intent and force of each blow. They couldn't do much about it.

Agrona made a rash move with a footwork that was way off compared to what he was doing up until now, "Finally..." I changed the Longinus form to a sword and coated it with everything I have, wind, sound, water, ice, and gravity.

A downward slash, a basic movement, the one you train a thousand times when you learn how to use a sword, I felt multiple spells being launched at me but I know I can still dodge them. My sword went through his body cutting him in half.

But when I thought it was finally over he managed to turn around with half of his body manage to launch a last attack, like the one I used against the wraiths, Agrona launched stream of soul fire combine with black wind that burned and cut my skin, I didn't tried to fight against the spell and let it take me away from me position, I increased the gravity on Agrona, making all the spells launched at me going toward his almost dead body.

I collided with one of my glaciers, using judgment multiple times already and seeing him get out of it with such ease really pissed me off. But now I can relax, the biggest threat of this world is now dead. I can have the life I saw in this short dream.

I wanted so badly to think about this dream but I can't, not now, not with all those Vritra around me. I flew toward Agrona, while healing myself with vivum since normal healing doesn't work on decay mana art, I lost my left hand trying to block this last attack but fortunately a dimensional ring is pretty solid, I put mom's ring beside dad's ring. Agrona's body leads here with lifeless eyes, a smile creeps on my face seeing him dead.

I watched all the Vritra coming down from the sky, I changed my sword for a spear once again, "I hope you're ready Nico, because it doesn't look like we will see the end of it." I said, she chuckled a little.