chapter16 first day part 2

PROFESSOR GEIST'S POV:

That idiot! Why didn't she defend herself instead of trying to finish the last spell?

After the layer of ice shards that were blocking my view melted, I immediately tried to find the princess but instead, I found the last member of the three DC officers in my class, Art Leywin, in front of Kathlyn, who was still covering her face with her arms in panic. His palm was out in front of him while his other arm wrapped protectively around the princess.

"I think this little game of yours has gone on long enough, don't you think?" Her expression stayed icy, the innocent façade that I now knew she usually kept nowhere in sight as her domineering gaze looked at me without remorse. Was this her true face?

"While I am thankful for your concern over the princess, it was unnecessary, as I had it all under control." No way was I going to lose face right here, on the first day, in front of all of my students.

"Under control?" Art's brow slightly twitched and I could sense her annoyance. Was I the only one feeling this pressure? This wasn't normal. AA class mana beasts didn't even exude this much pressure.

"Yes. Do you think that I, a professor at this esteemed academy, would actually put one of my students in harm's way?" I said calmly. There was no proof! Today was all just a little mistake.

Art pov:

This ingrate really planned on insisting that he had this all under control. I already knew from watching Lucas that once the remote spell from the wisps were shot, they couldn't be canceled. Then again, there was no proof since I'd blocked it.

I was about to challenge the professor when someone interrupted me "then do the spell again on those ice dummy sir." It was Liam who had a smirk on his face while he made two ice dummies.

The professor's face went from relief to a worried face "And why would I do that ? I am the professor ? I know what I'm talking about ." said Geist with a smile like he was controlling the whole class .

"But there's fire mages here. It would be good to show how to stop such a spell in case it would come to harm someone unintentionally . Don't you think so ?" taunt Liam , that was a very clever move that could avoid me from tearing him apart . The taunt worked as I saw Geist face turn to anger .

"OK! I'll show you all how to do it!watch closely." The professor then conjured ember wisp once again and during the whole time the wisp didn't stop or estanguish but it there targets .

"Wow professor, I don't understand, didn't you say that it 'under control'" Said Liam, still taunting the professor. I couldn't help but laugh at this childish behavior .

"Watch your mouth you brat !" as Geist said that he went all out in the direction of Liam ? when his blade was about to make contact with him he grabbed the blade and froze the professor to the neck.

"Hmmm, that's a big no no professor , I'm sorry but I will have to inform the director about this . and I suppose this is your first and last day at this academie." at that the bell ring loudly and everyone got out of the class , since Liam didn't have the same class he decided to wait for the director and I went to the artificer class

(Liam have another class then Art and skipping gideon class)

Once we finished with the director we were now the two new professor much to our displeasure we eat lunch and went for the next class The "room" consisted of a huge grass field with several obstacles placed randomly, encased by high walls with runes engraved in them. On top of one of the walls was a separate little room protected by a glass encasing. I assumed that the room was used as a viewing platform for the rest of the students.