chapter 7: Auction House

I raised an eyebrow in surprise at the sharp contrast in the woman's personality to her appearance. She seemed much more welcoming, despite her intimidating looks, than her husband.

"Everyone, as you all may know, I'd like you all to meet the King and Queen of Sapin. Introduce yourselves to King Blaine Glayder and Queen Priscilla Glayder and their children, Curtis and Kathyln."

At this, my mother—who was holding my sister—Tabitha, and even Lilia, dropped down, genuflecting. I caught on and lowered myself a moment later as well.

Giving us a nod, the King gestured for us to stand. "No more of this, now. No need to be stiff, we're just here for the auction, after all."

As I got back up, Sylvie peeked her head out from under my robe where she was sleeping, surveying curiously the new faces.

"Kuu?" she chirped, tilting her head.

I thought I heard a gasp from one of the guards in the rear, it was the tall woman with white hair while the boy to her left was eying my bond curiously almost as if he know what she really was.

"Oh my! What a cute little mana beast! Just as cute as the one Liam has ." Queen Priscilla's face brightened up at the sight as she made her way towards me.

The King and the two children's eyes looked towards my direction as well as looking to Liam bond .

The guards took a step forward as well, making sure they were close enough to react in case something happened to the Queen.

"She just hatched a few months ago. Her name is Sylvie. Come out and say hello," I responded.

"Kyu~!" she cooed while hopping out of my robe and stretching her body like a cat.

"I assume this little mana beast is your bond, young girl?" The King came closer, kneeling down to get a closer view of Sylvie.

I just gave a wordless nod. It should be fine with Sylv's appearance the way it is. "How fortunate you are to have a mana beast. Even infant ones are not easy to tame, yet she looks to be very obedient."

"Well we're able to communicate mentally, so it's more like a mutual agreement rather than obedience," I simply shrugged.

"huh? You can do that too?" ask a voice in the back of the room . I looked at Liam and his bond who woke up and started to approach us. He looked at me while Sylvie left me to go to Liam. We watched them go . Once Liam bond was in reach I pick it up and he made its way to my neck before starting to encircle it falling asleep again I just deadpan it , its skin was scales of a light blue reminding me of the sea which put me at ease before regarding where Liam was he had Sylvie sleeping in his head .

"What? You mean to say that you are under an Equals Contract?"

We all turned our heads to face the source of the voice. It was one of the hooded guards behind the children.

Damn, did I say something I wasn't supposed to?

"Umm, I'm not sure what that is, but she was the one that initiated the contract, so I think so?" I shrugged, hoping to switch topic.

Was it that big of a deal who formed the contract?

"Let me take a closer look at your bonds !" the hooded guard exclaimed, creeping closer to us.

Before I could decline, the King stepped in.

"This isn't the time nor place to study someone else's pet. You're being rude, Sebastian." His gaze turned harsh as he rebuked him.