chapter 21 Widow cript

Liam Pov:

I woke up early since Murray couldn't stop yelling at me that he was hungry, so I went for a shower and prepared myself in my adventurer outfit since today was the dungeon trip with the class but Art and I were to be requested if support is needed on the deeper floor of the dungeon.

Once I was ready I went to the dinning room to have breakfast , people were eying me as if I was some phenomenon and I didn't like that at all. Feeling anxious I finished eating with Murray and got out of this place with a mirage walk since I didn't want to be the center of attention.

On my way out I bumped into someone , "Huh , I'm sorry are you alright? Oh Claire, it's you." in front of me was a red haired girl, our captain and friend.

"Y-yeah I'm alright . but it's like I hit a wall ." I scratch my cheek and chuckled at her comparison of me and a wall.

"Anyway , do you want to go to the dungeon with me?" said Claire , I look at her for a second before noticing a blush on her cheeks, it's not like she's asking me out so I will go with her it will be easier. I then nodded at her and she smiled before saying to follow her.

Once inside the carriage we had a small talk before we arrived , "Ma'am , sir we arrived." said our driver.

I exit the carriage first and extend my hand to help Claire like Mina taught me. She gladly accepts it and gets off the carriage too. We walked to our other friend.

It was then Art and Teria who came out of the same carriage and that put a smile on my face to see that maybe something was going on with those two but inside that made my heart hurt but I brushed it off.

"Oh yeah , Liam, Art . Why do you two don't wear the same outfit as us ?" asked Curtis , the other nodded because they wanted to ask the same thing.

We both exchange glances before I talk. "I am sorry everyone , but that is none of your business for now, maybe if you were able to take any of us down you could know, but sadly that is not the case." Once I said that a vein popped on Curtis forehead. He was about to lash at me but he was stopped by Claire.

The other nod , understanding that it was not something that could be said like that.

"Great! Looks like everyone is here . Now form your team of four Liam and Art you don't have a team , you two will assist everyone in difficulty." Ordered Professor Glory . Everyone accepted without making a fuss since they all did know we were already the strongest of the academy except Curtis and Teria who were really competitive about our strength , I never went all out in school not even in spar.

"If anyone needs healing, ask Liam." with that each group was made and we dive in the dungeon.

We sent Sylvie and Murray to go hunt while we're in the dungeon. Everything was fine but there wasn't any monster which was weird since there would be at least some of them by now.

"Stay focus everyone, something is weird." Said Art to everyone.

"prepare your weapon!" I yelled and dashed to one student on the far side , out of nowhere a queen snarler came out, I sliced it in one clean hit. After defeating it hundreds of Snarlers came out and dashed to everyone.

"In formation!" yell Professor Glory

""P-Professor... are there supposed to be this many s-s-s-snarlers?" one of the upperclassman females in the other group stammered out.

"This is so odd. Even in the lower floors, there are never this many snarlers bunched together plus a queen." Professor Glory braced herself and stayed firm. Because of the low morale in our class, if even our professor took a step back in hesitation, everyone would panic.