chapter 14 Xyrus academy

Art pov:

"Wake up!" a shout pierced through my ears.

I wanted to throw a sleeping Sylvie only to notice that she was already with my enemies. He was just standing there waiting for me to get out of bed ,he raised an eyebrow as I went back to sleep.He didn't say anything before he started to make me float to the bathroom and left with Sylv and Murray .

As I finished washing up ,dressing up and made my hair into a simple ponytail not wanting to put on an effort I went down with Liam .

"Good morning, you two,. Hurry up and eat. Lilia is going to be up onstage for the orientation since she's part of the student council. She's probably nervous by now so make sure you cheer her on." Tabitha sat down across from us next to Mother and Ellie.

"I see the both of you are wearing the necklaces I gave you," I noted while my mouth was still full of oatmeal and fruit.

"Yup, why wouldn't I when it's such a beautiful piece of jewelry? I wish your father had half the amount of sense that you do," my mother sighed, fiddling with the Phoenix Wyrm ornament.

"All my friends are jealous because of how pretty it is! Be sure to get me things like these more, okay sister?" Ellie leaned forward on her chair as she talked excitedly.

"Sure," I dismissed, trying to calculate exactly how much something like the pendant would actually cost.

Once in the carriage we waited doing only small talk, since we are strong enough now and that I have the protection of Varay and Bairon I don't need to hide my strength ,only our mana cores since it is almost initial silver for both of us .

"We have arrived," said the driver. We thanked him and walked to the entrance. To say that it was beautiful would be an understatement , it looks like a castle more than a school but well who am I to judge.

"Wow, the view is quite amazing here don't you think?" Said Liam looking everywhere. I just nodded to let him be .He then chuckled but I didn't know why so I gave him a curious gaze until he noticed and explained himself.

"Look at all the people showing off their bounds, I bet everyone would faint if they saw any of those two." Liam said as I just looked at my Sylvie sleeping on his head and Murray around his neck in his long ferret form. I chuckled at this view.

"Yeah two mighty dragons reduced to a scarf and a hat. Quite funny don't you think?" I asked him with a grin .

"Well at least I won't catch a cold . What am I even saying we can't get a cold ." He said realizing that being a dragon we are immune to temperature and illness .

Some higher classmen told us where to go for the entrance ceremony .Once inside, I winced by how loud it was. Thousands of excited students chattered away, some with friends that they had come with, some with people they were meeting for the first time.

"LET'S FIND A SEAT!" I needed to shout for Liam, who was right next to me, to hear. Eventually, we found a seat in the middle of the auditorium near the back rows.

Looking around more carefully, I was surprised at how many dwarves and elves I spotted, chatting away with those around them.

Since it was hard to chat with such a noisy place we conjured a sound buble around us only , after some time I was getting bored of looking around me, I focused my attention on the stage where it was still empty except for a single podium. Suddenly, I saw Director Goodsky standing behind the podium. She wasn't wearing the oversized hat that conjurers normally wore like she did the last time we met almost four years ago. Instead, she wore an elegant white circlet that matched her white robe, appearing much more refined than the witch-like impression she had given off on our first encounter. Director Goodsky had her eyes closed but when she opened them, she seemed to be peering straight into me, sending shivers down my back. Smiling, she raised her hand slowly while her eyes remained locked onto mine.