Captain John Price

All info is from the call of duty wiki page

Link

https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/John_Price

Biography

SAS Lieutenant"I was just a lieutenant back then...doing some wetwork. . Christmas for the bad guys. Even a decade later, a lot of 'em still used it to get their hands on nuclear material...a lot of 'em, including one . Of course, we couldn't just let that happen. Cash for spent fuel rods? That's one hell of a recipe for destruction. It was the first time our government had authorized an assassination order since the. I was under the command of Captain ."— Price tells the story of Zakhaev's attempted assassination.

Price as a Lieutenant in 1996

In 1996, 15 years prior to the events of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Price held the rank of Lieutenant and served as a designated sharpshooter in the 22nd SAS Regiment, under the command of Captain . The two were deployed to , Ukraine on a covert operation to assassinate an arms dealer (and, ; the game treats Yuri, in the same car's backseat, as friendly). While Price initially believed he had killed with an 50. caliber sniper rifle, Zakhaev survived, despite losing his left arm. The duo was then swarmed by Zakhaev's forces, and in the ensuing firefight, MacMillan was crippled by a falling helicopter. Price carried MacMillan to the extraction point, where they were rescued after holding their ground against Ultranationalists.

SAS Captain"Right... What the hell kind of name is , eh? How'd a muppet like you pass Selection?"— Captain Price's first words to

In the events of and , Price held the rank of Captain and led a SAS squad, designated "Bravo Team", from the Bering Strait, to , to Azerbaijan and finally back to . Under his command throughout the events were and then Sgt. John "Soap" MacTavish, as well as others such as , Sergeant , Sergeant , Sergeant and then Private .

Bering Strait

Captain Price in a helicopter during the mission .

"The package is aboard a medium freighter. Estonian registration number 52775. There is a small crew and security detail onboard."— Price briefing the troops before the mission.

After meeting MacTavish, Bravo Team is deployed to the Bering Strait and . Price is puzzled to see that there is Arabic writing on the container, along with a Middle-Eastern flag draped on the floor. As he signals the chopper for extraction of the container, the boat is fired upon by fighters. They are then forced to escape to the helicopter as the boat starts to sink. As they reach the helicopter and jump for safety, Soap almost slips off, but Price grabs him just in time, saving him from falling to his death.

Rescuing Codename "Nikolai"

Price, during the search for Nikolai.

"Nikolai's in hell right now, we're gonna walk him out. We take care of our friends. Let's move."— Price to Gaz before rescuing Nikolai.

The next mission takes them to Russia, where they work with 's to rescue their compromised informant, . Kamarov keeps delaying the SAS team with the hope that their assistance would help him retake the village from the , but acquiesces and reveals the informant's location when threatened by Gaz. Price, Gaz, and Soap then storm the house where Nikolai is held hostage. Once inside, Gaz cuts the power, plunging the house into darkness and the team kill Ultranationalists and , and three others before they get Nikolai.

Shot Down

Price answering Al-Asad's phone.

"All right. Let's top these bastards before they kill the ."— Price before saving the farmer.