Home

Chapter Ten

Home

Johnny had woke up early in the morning facing the wall of the tent base sighing softly squeezing Simon's mask in his hands before he sat up looking at the empty bed next to his close to the wall of the tent, he rubbed his eyes softly before placing his hand on the little side table by the beds noticing another pair of dog tags beside Simons, he grabbed them softly before looking down seeing his name written on them, he ran his finger over it slight tears coming to his eyes before his eyes landed on the bed beside the little table noticing a black jacket laid out in the bed that once held Simon,

His lover

His partner

His boyfriend

His Simon

Johnny sat up walking softly over to the jacket before kneeling on the bed grabbing the jacket sitting on the bed holding the jacket crying softly as he brought it close to his face smelling the smoke from the jacket, he sighed softly to himself as he looked out the window of the tent as he put the jacket around himself, hugging himself as he had heard footsteps approach from behind him, he kept looking out the window as he felt the bed shift a bit as someone sat down behind him on the edge of the bed, he could only hope that it was Simon, but he knew it wasn't, he couldn't hold much hope after all the mayhem that had happened yesterday during the mission trying to capture Shepard "I'm so sorry" Gaz said softly as Johnny looked back at him, Gaz was a bit taken back as he had always seen Soap with a smile or some stupid look on his face, but the man who faced him was stone-faced

Cold

Gaz could only understand half of what, possibly, Johnny was going through from the events that had happened to their whole team "we're going back to look over the site and bring home the ones we lost" Gaz said as Johnny nodded to himself grabbing at the jacket softly, afraid it would rip under his hands, Gaz sighed softly as he stood up Johnny moving closer to the front of the bed as Gaz nodded to Johnny "you can come out whenever you're ready" Gaz said as he walked away as the man just sat in silence, holding himself, "how could he do this to me?" Johnny said softly as he grabbed his and Simon's dog tags from the little table between the beds as tears ran softly down Johnny's face, he whipped them softly off his face as he placed both sets of dog tags around his neck zipping up the jacket walking out of the tent.

Price walked into the medical tent walking to the corner that housed Simon, he pulled back a curtain seeing the man laying in the bed

Motionless

Price sighed softly to himself as he took a seat in the chair beside the man's bed looking at him as his shoulder moved softly as he slept, the monitors beeping every couple of seconds, Price placed his hands on the bed as he looked over Simon once again "this all could have been avoided, but we got him and once your up, Shepard is going to pay" Price said as he looked back as Laswell and Gaz stood walking towards the edge of the bed, Price looked over at them nodding before looking back at the bags connected to a stand running into Simon's arms "I just can't believe he made it here, he got shot twice than to find out he got shot in his hip? Did he even know he got shot that many times cap." Gaz said as Price looked at him "I'm sure he didn't care, once Ghost is in survival mindset, nothing is going to break that man's train of thought, even if he's hurt, let alone shot" Price said as he looked back at the pair "have you told Soap he's in here yet?" Laswell said as Price shook his head Gaz placed his hands on the bed frame at the edge of the bed before speaking "he is so cold to everyone who even tries talking to him Price, that's not the Soap we all know" Gaz said before looking at Price and Laswell "we can't hide him from Soap much longer, we'll break him Cap." Gaz said looking at Simon before walking out of the tent, Price sighed nodding as he looked at Laswell "how are you planning to tell him" Laswell said crossing her arms a bit "well I know the soldier who found Shepard said Ghost's pistol was close to where he found Shepard" Price looked back at Simon who moved a bit whining a bit from the pain but not waking up, Price looked back at Laswell "and I'll let him find it before coming back to camp, and once we're back I'll tell him the truth" Price said as putting his hat on "well be careful with the poor boy, don't let this break him any more than he probably already is John" Laswell said as she walked out of the tent, Price looked back at Simon one last time before nodding softly to him "you'll have your Johnny back soon Ghost" Price said patting the mans arm softly as he walked out of the tent walking over to the vehicles ready to go back to the outpost.