In Case You Don't Live Forever

Chapter Eight

In Case You Don't Live Forever

Simon's alarm had stirred both the men in their sleep, Simon was the first to sit up looking down at Johnny, sighing softly, he leaned down kissing his partner's cheek softly as Johnny slowly opened his eyes looked up at him smiling softly "good morning hun" Simon smiled a bit more as Johnny sat up rubbing his eyes speaking softly " Morning love" Simon said softly as looking down at his love as he got up he stretched softly before getting up walking out of the room heading to his room changing into his uniform, he looked at himself in the mirror seeing his reflection in the cracked mirror he sighed softly running his hand through his auburn hair before picking up the mask and his helmet walking out of his room meeting Johnny as he walked out smiling at him holding his helmet in his hand looking up at Simon smiling "you ready for this" Johnny said as Simon nodded as he placed his helmet down grabbing his mask out before Johnny grabbed his wrist, Simon looked at him a bit confused before Johnny smiled at him wrapping his hands around his neck standing on his tip toes kissing Simon happily and lovingly as Simon placed his hands on Johnny's hips kissing him back passionately.

As Simon closed their door locking it Johnny grabbed his free hand interlacing their fingers walking down the stairs together they walked outside meeting the eyes of Price and Laswell as they nodded at them, they walked over to the pair "good morning boys" Laswell said "Morning Laswell" Johnny said as heard more voices as the soldiers started to file out heading to the other vehicles around the entrance, Johnny looked back at Simon who smiled softly at him as Gaz walked up behind the pair placing hands on their shoulders "the gangs all here" Gaz said laughing softly as he Johnny rolled his eyes laughing softly "we'll be leaving in fifteen minutes so last minute things you guys need to do get done now, your guns are already packed and put into the van in your bags" Price said as he walked away, Johnny took Simons hand as he leads them to the other side of the building, Simon followed a bit confused, Johnny stopped looking back making sure no one could see them before he turned back to Simon smiling softly "everything alright" Simon said softly before Johnny looked back at him nodding softly "yeah everything's fine" Johnny took off his dog tags grabbing Simons hand before placing them in his hands "Johnny-" "can I have your dog tags" Johnny said as Simon nodded softly taking his off handing them over to Johnny looking down at Johnny's in his hands running his fingers over his partners name engraved on them "you have to come back to me" Simon was pulled out of his thoughts as Johnny started speaking "of course I'll come back to you" Simon said as he took Johnny's hands in his own as Johnny looked at him tears starting to form Simon smiled softly whipping the tears that fell onto Johnny's face as he kissed his cheek softly before he hugged him "I would never think about leaving you here and now Johnny" Simon said as Johnny buried his head into the crook of his neck "promise?" Johnny said as Simon smiled a bit more kissing Johnny's face "I promise" Simon said grabbing ahold his dog tags kissing them softly tucking them under Johnny's shirt as he pulled Johnny close to him "would never think about leaving you now" Simon said as he laid his head on Johnny's.

As the vehicles stopped Simon got out first watching the soldiers fille out walking into the temporary base, Johnny placed his hand on Simon's shoulder and stepped out of the van standing next to him looking up at him as they followed everyone to the debrief room "so we're here and we know the plans but this is an overview of where everyone will be" Price said as he started explaining Ghost and soap listened but after a while Soap took Ghost hand in his own squeezing it softly Ghost looked over Soap before looking back at Price "so let's move" Price said as he grabbed his gun Ghost grabbed his and Soaps out of his bag handing his to Soap as Soap put his sniper around his back "hey Johnny" Simon said as Johnny looked at him smiling softly "here" Simon handed Johnny two of his knives smiling softly before his own in his pocket "thank you" Johnny said softly as Simon nodded walking out Johnny walking in tow with him as the interlaced their hands once again as they started to walk towards their groups, Simon pulled Johnny back before hugging him, having a bad feeling about what is about to happen but he pushed it off as nerves that he now worries about Johnny more as he is his partner, "I love you" Simon said softly into Johnny's ear Johnny smiled softly a bit taken back before hugging Simon back "I love you too, come back to me" Johnny said before pulling away Simon kissed his hand as they both walked to their groups smiling to themselves

Soap and Price took out the four guards that stood at the front gate looking around the base to make sure everything was clear before Price nodded at Gaz who stood up following behind him as Soap scooped through looking as Ghost led his group to the front gate "Ghosts in position" Soap said to Price as he watched him take his group around "Alright here we go" Soap said to himself as he watched Ghost group closely a bit worried, but brushing this feeling off as nerves 'he can handle himself McTavish, he's Ghost, Your Simon, he promised he'll be back' Soap thought to himself as he watched ghost's group smiling softly to himself.

Ghost's team reached the front gate, he heard in his earpiece soaps and Price's voice talking amongst themselves "so once we're inside we'll find Price's group and from there make our way around clearing the closest buildings first" Ghost said as he nodded opening the gate slowly walking in first holding his Ak to his face aiming around the corners before nodding as his group followed behind him, Ghost threw a knife at a guard standing outside a building "sir-" Ghost turned around as an explosion went off Ghost looked back throwing a smoke "move back!" Ghost screamed as he got behind a building "shit" Ghost said as he looked around hearing gunfire, he started shooting as troops came out with the shadow company symbol on their chest "Price! Contact" Ghost as he started shooting at the shadows that he saw "ghost- Repeat" Ghost cursed to himself again as he moved forwards before being thrown back he looked up "soap? What is going on-" before he could finish he stood up seeing Shepard Ghost grabbed his pistol walking forward "Nice to see you again Lieutenant" Shepard said smirking at Ghost, Ghost aimed his pistol at his head "ah ah wouldn't do that if I were you Ghost" Ghost shook his head hearing Soap call to him but not being able to respond as Shepard hit him the head with the edge of his gun, Ghost coughed hard before being shot twice, he laid there as he saw Shepard walk away from him, Ghost looked around as he heard his ears ring "Simon! Price find him" he heard hearing the panic in Johnny's voice he looked over at the hill his love resided on he smiled softly to him as he closed his eyes hearing the gunfire and voices go through his earpiece as he passed out.