"Goodnight."

I walked through the halls from the Gryffindor common room. I needed a breathe after the day.

"Please believe me, Marley, I didn't put my name in."

"I believe you, Harry. It's okay."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My head had begun after the choosing ceremony. I chose to ignore everyone but Harry, even Cedric.

"I'm scared, Marley."
"I'll protect you."

I found myself at the tree before I knew it. My feet crunched against the gravel that led right before the stones.

"Do you trust me?" I whispered. I felt a rush of cool air rush through my body. As if I had just had a mint and taken a cool drink of water.

"I wish I didn't." A voice interrupted. I gasped and jerked in the voices direction. The red headed boy looked at me with his hands in his pockets.

"Fred." I breathed. Fred walked past me and journeyed over the stones and towards the tree. I rushed to meet up before the stones went back into the water.

When I got to the tree he had already taken a seat at the base of the tree.

"Fred?" I questioned. Still silence.

I huffed in annoyance and placed my hands on my hips.

"Freddie." I said again. Fred finally moved and grabbed something from his bag and placed it at his feet.

A pensive.

"What-"

"Show me." He said simply. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and continued to look at him.

"Where did you get that?" I asked. Fred finally looked at me and the weight on my chest shifted.

"I bought one after you showed me. Because I knew we'd need it. Like now."

"I don't understand." I said, sitting down beside him.

"I know you saw something during dinner. I want you to show me." He said again, tapping the little object with his finger.

His hand was red and there were cute and bruises on his knuckles.

"No." I said simply. He looked at me with a blank face. I couldn't understand what he was thinking but I assumed it wasn't good.

"I want you to show me why the bloody hell you'd put your name into the goblet like an idiot and why-" Fred sighed, cutting himself off and looking down at his hands, rubbing them gently.

"Just show me, Marley." I hesitated. I didn't want to keep dragging him down with me. This was my burden, not his.

"Does Cedric know what you are? What you can do?" He asked, looking at me again. I looked down at my hands, answering me.

"Then. Show. Me." He said through gritted teeth. I sighed and grabbed my wand, touching it to my temple and closing my eyes, feeling the familiar pinch again.

When I opened my eyes I put the glowing hair like substance into the bowl for him to watch. Fred didn't hesitate and immediately put his face in.

My whole body instantly began to shake as I watched him look at my current fears, hoping I'm even doing the right thing by showing him. But I know if I don't show someone or talk about it, it'll never be healed.

After a few minutes, Fred sits back up with a blank face. I saw the memory fade from the bowl, as if it never happened.

"Please say something." I whispered. Fred sat in silence for second before looking at me. Without thinking, he grabbed my hand, causing me to freeze.