Chapter One: The Ranks

The Mister: The head supervisor of The Change. He/She/They oversee and assign all of the missions and determine suitable punishments for those who fail.

The Father: Visits a realm over the course of several months or days and determines how they and their traveler goes about the mission and if the realm is safe enough for travel. They take the mission given by The Mister and create a plan of action.

The Traveler: Handles any and all mission and soldiers through the realm with no question.

The Handler: Reinforces laws and acts with justice towards those who break the common law.

"Whatcha reading?" A voice says, causing me to jump and  rip the walkman from off of my ears.

"Jesus, you scared me." I sighed, closing the book and moving my chair to meet Cedric's eyes. He was happy. 

I yawned, rubbing my eyes as I felt the tears forming within. Hermione, Fred and I stayed and watched the sun rise last night, talking about everything I had seen. Even the vision I had about Cedric. It felt refreshing, sitting there together and getting everything off of my chest. The puzzle pieces were forming together everyday but I wasn't sure I was going to be happy with the final picture. 

"It's a book Hermione and I found in the library for some extra credit with Moody." I replied simply, looking in his eyes and seeing a flash of something in his eyes. What was it? Understanding? A lie?

"My dad wanted to know if you wanted to come down during the summer. Says to take you on our family vacation." He said, placing his hands in his pockets. 

"Kill the spare!" I swallowed the lump in my throat and replaced the feeling with a smile. 

"Of course, Teddy." I said happily. He looked down at the book once more before turning and walking away, his head turned down watching his feet as he did. I sighed and looked over at the white cat as she approached the cubby I was sitting in. 

She let out a meow and jumped up to where my feet had been. 

"You're a very pretty cat." I hummed, moving my hand over to touch her silky white fur. She closed her eyes in content, lifting her body to meet my hand the rest of the way. 

"We're matching." I chuckled, moving my dark hair over to the side to show the growing white pieces forming in my hair. The cat looked at me in thought, moving forward to sniff my cheek before she took off running from the library. 

"Weird cat." I mumbled. Before I had a chance to continue reading my book I saw two bodies rushing in from the library and search before they found me. I couldn't help but laugh at their out of breath status once again. 

'Why is it that everytime I see you guys, you're always running." I teased. The both stopped in front of me, hands on their knees as they tried to catch their breath. Fred went to speak but he stopped and held up a finger to me before he grabbed into his pocket to pull out an inhaler. 

I laughed. 

"We found something you should see." Fred said, still breathing heavily. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and placed the book in my bag before allowing them to yank me up from my spot. I remained silent as Hermione and Fred talked with one another in riddles I didn't understand. 

The soft hum of a piano forte echoed off of the walls of the castle and I looked down from the railing and saw kids chasing each other with paper airplanes below. However, the more people we passed through the castle the more stares I was getting. Most of whom whispering about the tasks and who they were rooting for.