The Visions

Harry held onto my hand tightly, a small smile played on his lips as he watched the children in Diagon alley run around squealing. It seemed different this time. Shop owners weren't outside singing songs of their wares as much and more adults lingered than children getting supplies for their child. 

Remus kept his hands in his pockets, following closely behind us but giving us distance as well. 

"I can't believe it's your last year." Harry sighed, gripping my hand tighter as he did. I smiled sadly and nodded. 

"Yeah, I know. But, I'll still see you for holidays and such until you graduate." I assured, moving into a book shop. 

"What do you think you'll do after this year?" Harry asked, his hands traveling along the books to find the right ones. 

"Mmm, I'm not sure. The twins and I talked about me helping them sort out things in the joke shop they open but.." I remembered the lack of letters from them. I wasn't even sure they liked me after the third task. 

"I mean, you could always open up a shop. I know you said you like that kinda stuff." Harry shrugged, grabbing the books I was holding in my hand to put in his. I looked over and saw two little boys staring at Harry and I, giggling and whispering to each other. 

"Yeah, maybe. Maybe I'll open up a bookshop." I chuckled. Harry and I quickly checked out before leaving the shop as It grew too crowded. 

"What else do we need?" I asked Remus, seeing him quickly pull the list from his pocket. 

"More quills, some cat food for the white cat, parchment, chocolate, and more wiggenwield?" Remus asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me. 

"Why do you need that?" I shrugged and grabbed the list from him. I noticed my fine handwriting for everyone except the last two. Those of which were in a finer and more cursive writing. 

"I didn't write the last two." I mumbled.  

"Okay, well how about you go to the potions shop and we'll get the rest?" Harry said, motioning to him and Remus. 

"No, I don't like that idea." Remus said, taking a step toward me. 

"Trust me, Remus, I'll be okay." I smiled, giving him a knowing look. He hesitated for a moment before looking around. 

"Okay, but only since it's a crowded place. We meet back here in exactly fifteen minutes." He said sternly. Harry and I shared a look, smiling slightly before we nodded. 

"Sure thing." I chuckled, grabbing my bag from Harry's arm and turning to walk towards the potions shop. I felt easy now. As if my emotions no longer had to be hidden behind a mask for Harry and Remus, it was okay for my to frown a little now. 

I looked up, forgetting where the potion shop had been. I saw the sign with the fading finger pointing to Knockturn alley. A shiver ran down my back before I quickly passed it. 

"Marley?" A small voice said. 

My body went rigid. I stopped in my footsteps and looked out of the corner of my eye to see a small figure standing within the darkness of Knockturn alley. The hair on the back of my neck rose and the feeling of dread soon washed over my body. 

"Marley?" The voice called again. My head slowly turned, the very movement felt like a chair being pulled against a wood floor, screeching in terror as it was pulled from its place. My eyes met with blue ones.

Blue eyes that could be seen a mile away even in the darkest of settings. I allowed my full body to turn. The very breath I was holding released from my chest without allowance.