The First Task

"This actually looks pretty cute." I smiled, looking into the mirror at my outfit.

"You look like a warrior." Fleur says, finishing the last pin on my hair. Fleur offerer to do my hair since my mother never really taught me how.

She decided to do a braided crown that ran along my head.

"You do too. I love your school colors." I beamed.

"Maybe you could transfer." Fleur shrugged.

"My friends would kill me." I laughed.

"And me." Harry said. I looked at him from the mirror and smiled brighter.

"You look so much older." I gasped, turning and looking over his outfit.

"You need a haircut too." I said, crinkling my nose, messing around with his hair. He sighed and moved my hands away.

"Maybe after all of this is over." He chuckled. We turned towards the door as the fanfare around us began playing loudly.

"Better prepare yourself." I said to him, nodding. He nodded as well and began to pace.

"Marley?" I heard someone call. When I turned I saw Cedric peaking from the doorway. I sighed in relief and rushed to him, grabbing him in a hug.

"It's okay." He assured. "You're going to do great."

"I hope so." I breathed out. Cedric pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Here. I want you to have this." He said quickly. I watched as Cedric took something from around his neck and placing it over mine. It was a smaller garment, not what I would call a scarf but almost like a washcloth that was worn with age. 

"It's.." He leaned in close. 

"My baby blanket. I take it with me when I'm stressed and it brings me goodluck on finals and things. So, maybe it would help you." He said quickly, avoiding eye contact as if he was hiding his eyes from me. 

I smiled and pulled him into a gentle hug. 

"That's very kind of you, Teddy. Thank you." I said softly. A flash made us pull away and I looked over at the culprits. 

Rita and her right hand man.

"I see we've made up." She beamed. My jaw clenched and I glared at her.

She took a step closer and looked Cedric up and down.

"I can see why." She winked. The blood rushed through my body and I ripped the camera away from her right hand.

I held it up, making it levitate before tossing it across the tent, hearing it shatter.

She gasped and rushed to grab it.

"You little monster." She cursed, I simply chuckled and turned to see Dumbledore walking into the room.

"Gather round, champions." Cedric and I walked over hand in hand to get in a circle.

"Now you've waited, you've wondered. The moment has arrived only four of you can fully appreciate.." Dumbledore looked around at all of us before catching eyes with Hermione and Cedric,

"What are you two doing here?"

"Sorry, we'll leave." Cedric said, he gave me a look before leading Hermione out of the tent.

"Mr. Crouch, the bag."

"Champions, gather in the circle around. Miss Delacour, Mr, Krum.. Mr. Potter, over here."

"Now, Miss Delacour, if you will." I watched her hesitantly put her hand into the bag before, retracting it slightly when something bit her before she fully pulled her hand out, revealing a smaller dragon.