The Mark

"Lily, please. I don't want to. Her whole life is here." The woman begged, holding the toddler in her arms.

"Maggie, you must. It's the only way to keep her safe." Lily ushered, holding her own child in her arms, though this one was much younger.

"But what about Harry. How will she find him?" Maggie questioned, tears streaming down the woman's face.

Lily walked around the nursery, thinking to herself.

The young woman finally stops.

Lily muttered something only she seemed to hear.

"Lily?" Maggie questioned. The red head turned around quickly, looking between the two children.

"The mark." Lily said again. Maggie shook her head, taking a step back.

"No, Lily. It's too dangerous."  The dark haired woman pleaded.

"It's the only way to best him." Maggie hesitated, looking at her little toddler who stared back at her with wide eyes.

Those wise eyes that told her to do it. Maggie kissed her daughters head gently before walking back towards Lily.

"Do it."

"Wake up!" My body shot awake before I could stop it, banging against the head of the person above me.

"Ow! Bloody hell, Marley!" Harry cried out.

"Harry, what are you even doing right now?" I questioned. Harry rubbed his forehead harshly before sitting down.

"Sirius told me to bring you to the common room at one." He groaned.

"Why?" I questioned. Harry simply shrugged before I got up to follow him down the stairs. My feet hit the cold floor as we rushed through the room.

"Nice jammies." Harry snickered. I looked down at the Hufflepuff jersey I was wearing and shorts.

"Shut up." I hissed, moving over to the couch. I saw the paper in the edge of the couch and sighed.

"I don't even want to look at it." I flung my head to the back of the couch, hearing Harry grab the paper.

"Harry Potter, mere age of 12, eyes swimming with the ghost of his past I'm choking back tears.. oh bloody-" Harry huffed and sat down beside me.

"Marilyn Lupin. Cunning and Striking Hogwarts champion seemed rather defensive as I questioned her intentions of joining the tournament. Is it maybe her biological need to indulge her aggressive behavior. Stay tuned for tomorrows update."

"She's such a witch." I chuckled.

"Psst." A voice hissed. Harry and I looked at each other in confusion before looking to the fireplace.

"Sirius?" Harry asked. As we moved closer we saw the man's face stick from the ashes of the fire.

"I'm going to make this quick. Did you or did you not put your name into the goblet of fire?" Sirius questioned.

"No!"

"Shh." I hissed, turning to see that no one heard.

"I had to ask. Now tell me about this dream of yours. You said that you saw Wormtail and Voldemort but who was the third man in the room?"

"I don't know..I never saw his face.." Harry said.

"Marley? Did you recognise the man?" Sirius asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before turning to Harry.

"How would I know? It was Harry's dream." I replied.

"Right.." Sirius said slowly.

"Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important."

"What was that?"

"Well, he wanted... Me. I don't know why, but he was gonna use this man to get to me. But, I mean, it was only a dream, right?" Harry asked. My blood ran cold and I felt myself holding onto my arms.

"Yes, it's just a dream." Sirius said slowly, thinking to himself.

"Look, Harry. The death eaters at the World Cup, your name rising from the goblet. These are not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe anymore."

"What are you saying?" I asked, grabbing Harry's hand. He squeezed it fearfully.

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls. Igor Karkaroff was a deatheater and no one, no one stops being a deatheater. And then there is Barty Crouch. Heart of stone, Sent his own son to Azkaban."

"You think one of them put my name in the cup?"

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that cup but whoever did it is no friend to you." Sirius said quickly.

"I'll keep him safe, Sirius. Don't worry." I assured.

"Marley, you should open Remus's letter. He's furious. You being in the games is just as dangerous as Harry. You two need to be very careful because this is exactly what Voldemort would want." Sirius said quickly.

That's what Fred said....

The door opened behind us.

"Sirius, I'm not ready." Harry said with panic.

"I'm afraid you must be. Marley, you two need to be carful. Watch over each other. These are dangerous times we're in."

"Someone coming." Harry said.

"Keeps your friends close, children." We both got up and I quickly stood in front of the fire place.

"Who were you talking to?" Ron asked as he revealed himself from the door way.

"No one." Harry said.

"Night, Ron." I said, rushing past him and towards my door room again. As I got in, I closed the door quickly behind me, squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

"Mar? You okay?" A voice asked.

"I'm okay, Angie. Go back to bed." I sighed. I heard her rustling in her bed before I slowly walked over to my bed before sitting down.

"Watch over each other.."

I looked up, making eye contact with my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes looked bruised from the lack of sleep, my hair was tangled slightly. A mark caught my eye and I stared back at it.

It was that mark on my arm. The cloaking spell must've worn off. I frowned and gently ran my fingers along it.

It looked like a birthmark from the color. But as I looked closer I could tell the lines and shading had been a mark. A lily. As I looked back into the mirror I saw a sliver of my hair fade into a moonlit silver.

I began to grow fearful of what I was to become. It was getting harder and harder to contain my powers, my body was in a constant surge of fire, the powers pulsing through my veins as it begged for sweet release.

I moved onto my bed, looking down and catching a picture that had fallen on the ground.

Fred, George and I last year at the burrow. We were all smiling, and Fred and George had their arms wrapped around my shoulders. Fred was looking at me, giving a small smile while I looked forward at Molly who had taken the picture.