Blame.... and Thanks

“How's she doing?” Mom asks as I go sit beside her and hug her while Mark goes off to find Derek.

“Better. Charlotte said she shouldn't need any more surgeries.” I tell her, smiling.

“Good. What about Meredith and Teddy?” She asks, making my smile disappear.

“What? What is it?” She asks, noticing my face.

“I haven't asked. I went to talk to them earlier, but I overheard them talking about how I've gotten worse since I married Mark and had Lilly and how I'm not the same and I'm kind of annoying now. Then when they found out I heard them, they tried to say they weren't talking about me, but I ran out before they could say anything.” I explain, looking down at the floor. But, mom pulls my chin up with her finger, making me look at her.

“Don't blame yourself for this anymore. If they choose to say that, they don't know what their missing. Don't let them hurt you.” She says, looking me in the eye, making me smile.

“I guess you're right. Thanks, Mom.” I say, hugging her again and getting up, heading over to the ER desk where Amelia, Charlotte, Archer, Mark, and Derek are talking. They smile when they see me come up.

“Hey.” I say as I stop to talk to them.

“How are you?” Amelia asks as her and Charlotte hug me.

“I'm good. Better now that I know Addy doesn't need any more surgeries.” I tell them, smiling.

“Good.” Charlotte says, smiling at me.

“Yeah. Thanks again for doing her surgeries.” I tell them.

“You don't have to thank us.” Charlotte tells me.

“Yes I do. You saved her life! I don't know what I would've done if she died!” I reply, trying not to cry.

“Well, don't think about that. She's fine now.” Amelia says, pulling me into another hug. When we pull apart, Archer hugs me.

“Have you seen about Teddy and Meredith?” He asks, making my smile disappear.

“No. I went to earlier, but I overheard them saying that I've gotten worse since I married Mark and that I've been annoying ever since Lilly was born. So, I walked in, letting them know I overheard them, and walked out, not seeing them since.” I explain to him.

“Well that's their loss.” He says, everyone else agreeing with them, making me smile again.

“Got that right.” Mark says, laughing and pulling me into his arms and gives me a long kiss, making me smile bigger when we pull apart.

“I love you.” I say, putting my forehead to his.

“As I love you” He replies, giving me a peck on the lips. When we finally pull apart, we see that everyone else has come over and they were all looking at us and smiling.

“What?” I ask, smiling and laughing a little.

“Nothing. We just miss your smile and laugh that's all.” Mom says, smiling at us.

“Oh.” Was all I said back. After a few minutes of silence, Owen comes over to us.

“Hey Owen.” Mark says, greeting him.

“Hey. Bella, Teddy and Meredith asked me to come get you.” He tells me.

“Tell them I'm not coming. I don't want to talk to them.” I say, not looking at him.

“Are you sure?” He asks, curious.

“Yes. I told you what they said about me. I'm not going to talk to them.” I explain to him.

“Ok. I'll tell them then.” He says, walking away to their room. When he's gone, I turn back to the others to find them staring at them again.

“What?” I ask again.

“You have to talk to them sometime.” Archer says.

“I know. But I'm not going to right now.” I tell him, looking him in the eye.

“Ok. Just don't go too long without speaking to them.” He tells me, walking away.

“You know he's right. You're going to have to talk to them eventually.” Mark says, wrapping his arms around me.

“Like I said, I know. But not right now.” I say, turning and walking away. When I round the corner, I go into Addy's room to find her awake, looking out the window. When she hears me come in, she looks at me and smiles.

“Hey. I was wondering when you were coming back.” She tells me, patting the bed for, wanting me to sit down with her, which I happily do.

“Well now you don't have to anymore.” I tell her, smiling a little.

“What's wrong?” She asks, somehow noticing my mood.

“Owen came up to me a little while ago and told me that Teddy and Meredith wanted to speak to me and I told him that I didn't want to talk to them and him, Archer, and even Mark said that I should and that I can't hide forever.” I tell her, looking down.

“Don't listen to them. It's your choice if you talk to them or not.” She tells me, pulling me into a hug.

“I guess you're right.” I say, smiling again. After a few more minutes of hugging, my pager goes off.