Good News

*Just woke up*

I woke up, still in the on-call room, with the sun shining brightly in my eyes. Mark was still beside me, but he was awake and looking at me, waiting for me to wake up.

“Good morning.” I tell him, pecking him on the lips.

“Good morning to you too.” He says, smiling.

“How long have you been waiting on me to wake up?” I ask him, hoping it wasn't too long.

“Just a few minutes. Are you ready to get up and go down to the cafeteria for breakfast? You're eating something. But, first, we need to change your bandage.” He says, starting to get up, pulling me with him.

“Yes. Why are you so happy this morning?” I ask him, noticing his change in mood.

“You'll see.” He says as he changes my bandages and takes me to the cafeteria, where I see everyone eating. When I walk in, they all stop to look at me. Then, they all smile, welcoming me back.

“What do you want to eat?” Mark asks, pulling me towards the food.

“I'll take some eggs, bacon, and orange juice.” I tell him, as he gets it for me. After we get our food, we turn around and head towards mom and dad's table. When they see us coming over, they smile and get up, coming over to hug me.

“How are you sweetie?” Mom asks, sitting back down.

“I'm fine. I'm just ready to go home. I'm tired of sleeping here for a while.” I say, smiling a little, taking a bite of eggs.

“Well, eat your breakfast, we have a surprise for you.” Mom says, looking at me.

“I'm done.” I say, getting up and throwing the rest of my food away.

“Come on then. I think you'll like the surprise.” Mark says, grabbing my hand and taking me to the desk in the lobby of the ER. When I get there, everyone is there, waiting on us and talking. When they finally see me, the all turn around.

“Surprise!” They shout, coming over to me and hugging me.

“What is all this?” I ask, confused. Addison comes up to me, holding Lilly.

“Well, we thought it would be the perfect way to say...” She trailed off, looking down at Lilly.

“To say what?!?” I ask, hoping it isn't anything bad.

“To say that, Lilly's better and that she can go home.” She tells me, smiling widely. I look at her, then break out in tears of joy and take Lilly out of her arms.

“Really?” I say, looking at Mark, then Addison.