Awake

“To see Addison. I'm going to spend as much time as I can with her just in case.” I tell everyone, turning back around and walking towards her room. When I get in there, I sit down and just look at her,  fighting to keep the tears in. Finally, I decide to speak.

“I know I've already told you this, but I need you to wake up. I don't know what I'll do if you die. I know we fight sometimes, but I need you in my life. Whenever I'm mad or upset, I need someone to talk to, and that someone is you, it always has been and it always will be. So please, please wake up.” I said, finally letting the tears fall out of my eyes and laying my head down on the edge of her bed. I stay like that for a while until I feel the bed move. At this, I sit up and look at her. A few minutes later, she opens her eyes and looks around. When she finally sees me, she takes my hand as I hug her to me and cry even harder.

“I was so worried you'd never wake up.” I tell her.

“Well, you don't have to anymore.” She replies.

“I'll be right back.” I say, breaking the hug and going to the waiting room. When I get there, they all look at my face and stand up, coming over to me.

“What is it? What's wrong?” Sam asks.

“She's awake. Addison's awake!” I say, smiling and wiping away my tears.

“Where's Amelia? We need to tell her.” I ask.

“She was by the desk in the ER a few minutes ago.” Derek says.

“Ok. I'll be right back. Go ahead and see Addy.” I tell everyone as I turn and head towards the ER. When I get there, I see Amelia talking to an intern, her back towards me. I sneak up to her and grab her into a hug, scaring her.

“Thank you thank you thank you!” I say, hugging her tighter.

“For what?” She asks, confused.

“For doing Addy's surgery. She's awake and responsive.” I explain, pulling away from the hug and pulling her towards Addison's room. When we get in there, she smiles at us and starts thanking Amelia as soon as we get in there.

“Amelia, I don't know how I can thank you.” She said, hugging Amelia.

“You don't have to thank me.” She replied.

“Yes I do! You saved my life!” She exclaims, making me laugh a little. At this, everyone turns to look at me, surprised.

“Did you just laugh?” Mark asks, happy.

“Yea. I did it when I was with Meredith too. It feels good to laugh again.”I say, smiling, as Mark comes over to hug me.

“So...” Addy says, not knowing what to say.