Code Silver

“Hey Bella, thank you for the donuts. They were delicious” smiles Arizona, as Bella walks up to the Pediatric wing. It had been three days since the fight and Bella had gotten Arizona donuts, being too busy with patients and paperwork to adopt Zola to be able to do anything else.

“My pleasure. Though I wish I could do something nicer!”

“You didn’t have to do anything, nor do you need to worry about doing something more. Besides, I love donuts!”

Bella laughs, shaking her head in amusement. “Anyway, are you scrubbing in with me for the appendectomy at 6?”

“Why, yes I am,” mimics Arizona in a theatre tone.

Bella starts laughing uncontrollably again, close to tears and holding her stomach.

“Woah, hold your horses! What’s got you in such a perky mood?” questions Arizona.

“Well, I might as well tell you. Though it’s weird that you of all people are getting to know before anyone else, that is, besides Mark, Addison and me”

Arizona smirks and raises an eyebrow at her remark, but doesn’t say anything.

“Our social worker is bringing over the final paperwork today and within mere hours, Zola is officially going to be our daughter!” Bella whisper-yells, almost bouncing with uncharacteristic happiness.

“Oooh, that’s super awesome Bella!” congratulates Arizona and Bella rolls her eyes at Arizona’s choice of words.

“It is,” agrees Bella “Mark and I have never been happier, we have two beautiful girls! So, I was thinking, when will it be yours and Callie’s turn?”

“What? No! We aren’t even married yet and we’ve been together for only a year!” exclaims Arizona, slightly amused at Bella’s forwardness.

“Well, you girls must have talked about it at least? Or even thought about it?” asks Bella earnestly.

“Well, I don’t know about Calliope, but admittedly, I have though a few times about it and I don’t mind a bunch of Mini-Calliope’s calling me Momma and Calliope, Mommy”

“Aww, that’s so sweet! But I’m sure Torres would argue for a couple of Mini-Arizona’s too! Maybe you should start working on the beginning of the Torres-Robbins clan eh?” smirks Bella suggestively.

Arizona playfully smacks Bella on the shoulder, rolling her eyes.

“But seriously, you and Torres are like, a match made in heaven. You definitely deserve your happy ending”

“Well, why don’t you enjoy yours instead of trying to create mine?” suggests Arizona.

“Touché, Robbins“

The two laugh, but their playful banter is interrupted by the beeping of the pagers of every nurse and doctor around them.

“That’s weird,” murmurs Bella, glancing down at her pager. “What’s a ‘Code Silver’?”

Arizona looks up from her pager, her clear blue eyes dark and slightly terrified.

“There’s a shooter in the hospital”

Co-Written with SethHale!

Check out our other stories!

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!