Arguement

“Derek, her daughter, her newborn daughter at that, was checked into the hospital this morning. She's had a bad day and I thought she needed something to take her mind off of it a-”

“She's had a bad day. That's exactly why she shouldn't have performed a Craniotomy on a patient. She doesn't need to work here anymore if she's going to pull stunts like she did today.”

“I am the chief Derek, not you and I'm the one who gave her the surgery.” Owen says. After this, Derek looks over and notices me standing there.

“So that's all? She isn't going to be punished at all?!?” He asks, furious.

“Derek, the surgery was a success! Yet, you still want me fired? What happened to the loving brother-in-law that I used to know? Because, your not hi-” I was cut off by his hand connecting with my face and Mark pushing him against the wall. By this time, Meredith, Archer, Teddy, and Addison have shown up, hearing and seeing everything.

“Don't ever touch her again!” Mark says, letting him go and coming over to me and pulling me into a hug as I cry from the pain.

“Derek! What did you do?!?” Meredith says, hitting him in the chest and then coming over to me.

“I-I have to go.” I say. Turning around and walking away towards an on-call room and locking it. After a minute or two, Mark is knocking on the door asking if I'm okay while I just sit there and cry. I finally decide to come out after about an hour and find Mom pacing back and forth, looking worried. As soon as I see her, I run over and hug her and cry while she cries with me, stroking my hair and whispering loving things into my hair.

“It's alright. It's going to be fine.” She said over and over in my ear.

“But what if it isn't? What if I do get fired or Lilly doesn't get better? Or-or Mark leaves me? That won't be fine.” I say, crying harder now.

“First of all, your not getting fired.” Owen says, walking up.

“Second, Lilly is getting better.” Addy says, rubbing my back.

“Last, I will never ever leave you Bella. You're my everything.” Mark says, pulling me out of mom's arms, hugs me, and pulling me into a kiss, making me cry harder.

“I love you, and I always will.” He says, looking me in the eyes and wiping my tears.

“I love you too. Never forget that.” I tell him, giving him a kiss this time. After a few minutes of standing there in each others arms, we break apart when our pagers go off. We turn and head towards the ambulance and wait. While waiting, Amelia and Derek show up, but as soon as Derek saw Mark and I, he tells Amelia that she can have the case and turns around and leave. Suddenly, the ambulance comes up and unloads the patient.