Getting up

"I wish I was, but she flatlined and they were able to bring her back twice before they called it." Esme explains. I just lay back, trying to take it all on.

"I-I have to get up. I have work to do and I can't lay here any longer." I say, throwing the covers off me and start to get up.

"You need to stay in bed. You just woke up from a coma!" Mark exclaims as he tries to push me back down.

"Actually, her response is fine, meaning she has no damage from the surgery. She can go if she wants as long as someone stays with her." Derek tells us as he walks into the room and gives me a hug.

"Thank you so much!" I tell him as we pull apart. Then, with the help of Mark and Derek, I stand back up and walk to the nurses desk,greeted by everyone welcoming me back. When I get to the desk, I pick up a chart and look at it before seeing Callie at the other end of the desk staring at me.

"Hey Callie. I just wanted to say I'm sorry about Arizona." I say before she slams the chart she was looking at shut and walks away without saying anything. I look over to Mark and he shrugs. I nod and go with him to the cafeteria to eat. When we get there, I look around at all of the faces belonging to my colleagues, friends, and family before spotting a face I don't know. I shrug it off for the time being and continue to walk to a table where my sisters are sitting.