One month later...

One month. It's been one month since the shooting in the hospital. In that month, they found out that Bella had a severe bleed in her brain. They operated and got rid of it and she has been in a coma since then. They were granted permission to adopt Zola. Arizona Robbins also died in surgery to try and take the bullet out of her chest.

Beep. Beep. Beep. That's all mark ever heard. He hardly ever did surgeries anymore and when he wasn't at the hospital with Bella, he was at home with Zola and Lilly.

"Mark, you need to go get something to eat. You can't just sit here all day." Meredith told him as she and the rest of Bella's siblings came in to see how her sister was doing.

"I'm not hungry." He mumbled, not taking his eyes off Bella.

"You've been saying that for days. You need to get out of this room and actually do something." She argued.

"Like what? in case you haven't noticed, my wife and your sister is in a come! she has one more month to wake up before they pull the plug on her. So no, I'm not leaving anytime soon." He quietly argues.

"Whatever. Page us if anything happens." She says as they turn and walk out. Mark turns back to Bella and lies his head by her hand on the bed and ends up falling asleep. Hours later, he wakes up to the bend starting to move. He looks up and sees Bella trying to open her eyes. When she finally does, she looks around before trying to take the breathing tube out of her mouth.

"Hey hey hey, I got it." He assures her as he carefully takes the tubes out before paging his and her family. She looks up at him as if trying to find something to say.

"How... How long was I out?" She asks, not really wanting to know.

"A little over a month. We were all terrified you wouldn't wake up." He says, smiling at her as everyone else comes in. When they all see her, they smile widely and try their best not to cry.

"How's Arizona?" She asks, curious. Upon hearing this everyone loses their smiles and looks at one another.

"She.. She didn't make it. She died in surgery." Esme says.

"What? Please tell me you're joking." She begs