New Addition

*Months Later (In Labor)*

“It's a girl. Congratulations!” Addy said as she handed me Mark and I's new daughter, Lillian Julia Sloan. I was so happy that I was crying tears of joy and so was Mark. I look around the room for mom and dad and see that they are right beside me.

“Would you like to hold you granddaughter?” I ask mom, who was also crying. She took Lilly from me and looked at her in awe.

“She's so beautiful, just like her mother.” Dad said smiling from ear to ear.

I smile back and look around at everyone that is in the room. Ellis and Richard, Mark's parents along with Lexi and Reed, his sisters are in there. I also see my sisters Addison, Meredith, Teddy, and my brother Archer in the room.

“I'm going to take her to the nique now to get her cleaned up and checked over.” Addy says, taking Lilly back from me. At first, I protest because I don't want to leave her, but then I realize it's for the best that they bathe her off and make sure she is alright. So, I finally hand her over to Addison.

“Well, we have to get back to work. We'll see you later darling.” Mom says as her and dad come over to tell me bye.

“We have to go too, sis. We have surgeries waiting.” Archer says. He comes up to hug me along with Meredith and Teddy. Then, Ellis, Richard, Lexi, and Reed come say their byes to us and also go back to work. I look up at Mark, who is just staring off into space.

“We have a baby.” I say quietly with a huge smile on my face.

“We have a baby.” he says back, leaning down to kiss me.

After a couple hours of sleeping, I finally wake up and Addy comes in.

“She's perfectly fine and sleeping right now. I can bring her in whenever you want me to. Just let me know. You know how to contact me.” She says smiling.

“Can we see her now?” I ask her with a hopeful expression on my face. Mark, seeing my expression, chuckles lightly.

“Of course. She is your daughter, after all.” Addison says, smiling and leaving the room. A few minutes later, she comes back in carrying a baby, my baby. I see her and start crying tears of joy again. Addison comes over to the bed and places Lilly in my arms. I look down at her and see green eyes, my eyes.

“She has your eyes. Your beautiful green eyes.” I hear Mark say. This makes me smile even more, if that's possible.

“She has your nose and mouth.” I tell him. But, her hair was somewhere in between mine and his. After a couple of minutes, I hand her over to Mark, who is ever so happy to hold her. As soon as I hand her over, his eyes light up. He is going to be a great father, I can already tell.

**A Few Days Later**

Today is the day. Today, Lilly and I finally get to go home. Mark is taking a few days off to stay at home and help me take care of her. Then, when he goes back, Addison, Meredith, Teddy, Mom, Lexi, and Reed and going to take turns taking off and coming over to help me and spend time with Lilly.

“Are you ready?” Mark asks as I come out of my day dream when we finally reach the car.

“We're ready.” I say, looking down at the baby in my arms. Mark leans down and takes Lilly out of my arms and puts her in her car seat to leave. Mom and Dad are outside with us to tell us bye and hand us Lilly's stuff that they got her.

“Be careful Sweetie.” Mom says, hugging me as dad hands Mark the bag and things for Lilly. Once Mark had the bag, Dad hugged me.

“Bye Mom, Dad. I'll see you later.” I say, hugging them again and getting in the car as Mark tells them bye. I buckle up and wait for him to get into the drivers' seat. Once again, I started day dreaming and then I heard the drivers' door shut, letting me know Mark was in the car.

“Let's go home. I think Lilly's ready to see her new home for the first time.” Mark says with a smile on his face, turning to look at Lilly. I smile at this and he reaches for my hand which I gladly give and we start the journey home. As soon as we pull into the driveway, I unbuckle and hop out, excited to finally be home again. I open the back door and pull a sleeping Lilly out of her car seat and wait for Mark to grab her things. Then, we start walking to the porch and open the door to go inside. Once inside, we climb the steps, go to Lilly's room (the nursery) and put Lilly is her bassinet so she can sleep for a little while as Mark and I unpack ours and her things.

“I can't believe we're finally home and with a baby.” I say, smiling widely while folding my clothes and putting them up.

“I know. We finally have a little girl.” Mark says agreeing with me.

*A Few Days Later*

Mark has to go back to work this morning, and Teddy is coming over today. Reed and Lexi are coming tomorrow, Meredith is coming over the next day, and Addison is coming after that.

“Are you sure you two are gonna be okay if I'm not here?” Mark says as he grabs a cup of coffee I made and gives me a peck on the lips while I feed Lilly.

“We'll be fine and besides, Teddy's coming over to help today, remember? Now go or you'll be late.” I tell him, and, with a light chuckle, gives me and Lilly another kiss, and heads out the door. As he's going out, Teddy comes in and gives me and Lilly a hug.