𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

I'm waiting for Albie to join me for lunch at Maddox's in Mayfair

I'm waiting for Albie to join me for lunch at Maddox's in Mayfair. I've decided to be the bigger person—talk about things instead of avoiding him. I wouldn't be shocked if this casual little lunch ends with me in his bed, though.

I look so cute dressed in the cropped logo-trim cardigan, logo-jacquard trim mini skirt and logo-jacquard trim cropped top all from Alexander Wang. But what I think is really going to push Albie over the edge is the Christian Louboutin Eloise 100 suede knee boots I'm wearing. He says 'long' boots compliment my legs well.

I place my Chanel 1995 CC diamond-quilted vanity bag on the table and slide my phone out to make sure he hasn't text me--he hasn't and drape my Hermès 2003 belted trench coat over the back of my chair. The waiter comes over to offer me a drink but I decline, I think it's so rude to order when the rest of your party hasn't arrived.

Just then, Albie strolls through the door, comes straight over and leans done to peck my cheek. "You know the paparazzi are standing outside the door?" He picks up his menu and starts reading over it.

"Of course, they are, have you seen my outfit today?" I gesture up and down my body, he looks up with a glint in his eye and a smirk on his lip.

Albie waves over a waiter who immediately comes to us. "We'll have some drinks, please."

The waiter nods, "tea? coffee?"

We both laugh but Albie shakes his head, points at me, "She'll have a Café Martini and I'll have a Hibiki 21--make that a double, actually." The waiter nods and walks back over to the bar.

I level Albie with a look, place my chin in my hands. "You coming up tomorrow?"

His eyes avert to the ground for a split second then back to me. "Yeah, you?"

Our drinks arrive, I take a sip, loving the bitter coffee taste. "I am but I don't want to be."

"Why's that? You and George are good, so are me and you?"

"Yeah," I huff, roll my eyes. "It'll be awkward but I like Christmas."

Me and Albie made up at the gala the other night, he said he was sorry for leaving me drunk and I forgave him because how could I not? Sometimes, I feel like I have deeper feelings for Albie than what I let on.

"It's a couple days, you'll be fine. You won't even have to talk to George if you don't want," Albie sips his drink and leans back in his chair but what annoys me is, I catch him eyeing up a girl sitting at the table to the right of us.

I get we're no strings attached but while I'm sitting right here? Have some fucking decency. "Actually," I say, bringing his focus back to me. "Me and George are planning on talking while we're there."

He looks shocked, "yeah? Talking? That's probably gonna end in an argument."

I don't know why but that pisses me off. My anxiety spikes up, telling me Albie's trying to stand in the middle of me and George. I don't fucking like it one bit but my anxiety and gut feelings are never wrong.