𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐

We'd stop off at Switzerland before going to Thailand

We'd stop off at Switzerland before going to Thailand. George said he had a small bit of business there but really, I think he wanted to show off the house. Wouldn't blame him. The house is like nothing I've seen before.

Every day for five days, I couldn't believe it was theirs—that they owned such an extravagant house. I couldn't decide which house was more beautiful. The one in London or the one in Switzerland.

We got to Thailand late last night, we're staying at one of those private rental villas by the Four Seasons. Very authentic looking, right in the trees looking over at a private beach.

There's an infinity pool outside, a small shack made out of real bamboo that works as a sort of pool house. It's all very open yet private. The other Villa is like two miles down from ours. To make things less awkward when it came to choosing rooms, we made sure everyone got their own. Even if it's obvious that Charlie and Astrid and me and George will share.

I'm taking a picture of the sun rising from the sea on the deck by the pool when Carter runs past me, cannonballing and splashing me with icy water. "Carter!"

He swims up, shaking his blonde hair out of his face. "What? I'm on holiday, leave me alone."

"What are you doing awake? It's fucking five in the morning?" I'm awake because of jet lag but now he's disturbing me.

"Jet leg, it's like, ten at night at home, I'm fucked." He blows out a breath, hoisting himself out of the pool and shivering. "Bit fucking cold, ain't it? Thought it was gonna be like, forty."

I roll my eyes. "Yes, it will be during the day. The sun hasn't even risen yet—oh my god," I spin around to face Carter who's shaking his head around like a wet dog.

"What?" He blinks, refocusing his consciousness probably.

"Should we go wake them up?"

His eyes light up, "tell me more..."

A few minutes later and we're sneaking around the kitchen filling up buckets with freezing water from the tap. "Sh," I nudge Carter as we both fall around each other, silently pissing ourselves.

"Alright—Charl first," Carter nods his head toward the room he and Astrid bagged.

I carry the bucket over, careful to not spill any as I try my hardest to keep composed. We stand outside for a second, straining to hear if they're awake or not. Carter grins, quietly, we crack open the door and slip inside.

Charlie sleeps soundly on his back with one arm resting under his pillow while Astrid's blonde hair falls around her back and shoulders as she rests on her stomach. Carter stands in the corner, phone out.

I take a deep breath, Chuck the water on them both and scream when Astrid shoots up, boobs out and all.

"Oh my god!" She shouts, head whipping around. I blend in with the shadows near the door so she can't see me.