𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

"Harper!" Look up

"Harper!" Look up. My sister is waving her fingers in front of my face.

I blink. "Yeah?"

Heidi rolls her eyes, huffs. "I said, do you want a coffee or a tea?"

I sit up straighter, force myself to stop thinking about the letters I found in George's room yesterday. "Green tea, please."

Heidi goes off to the coffee and tea station. My parents sit in front of us in the first-class lounge at Heathrow Airport while we wait for our flight to New York.

With them being environmentalists and all, we can't exactly own a private jet. Try not to use any of my friends either because of the backlash I receive.

"You feeling alright, love?" My mum sips on a tea, flicking through this month's Vogue.

"Yeah. Just tired." The sun is just about rising outside. Our flight doesn't take off till half six. It's half five now.

"Not that prick is it?" My dad tilts his chin at me. Talking about George. I don't want to talk about George for once.

"No, I'm fine." I take the tea Heidi hands me. Her head's full of rollers and she hasn't taken her sunglasses off since we got out the car.

I'm taking the next few hours easy. As soon as we touchdown in New York it's nonstop. Thankfully, I'm only there for three days so I can be back for Valentine's—not for any special occasion but it's just a nice holiday. Heidi's staying a bit longer but Mum and Dad are flying to Paris tomorrow morning for the next two weeks.

I zone out again. My head spinning with what happened last night after I saw Albie and Hugo walk into the kitchen. I wish I had just stayed in there but no, instead I wandered off upstairs because I couldn't face looking at him with someone else.

I found myself in George's room—in his wardrobe sorting out the last of his socks. Once I was finished, I had planned to walk straight back out but I tripped over a box hanging out under his bed.

When I moved it back the lid accidentally (purposefully) came off and because I'm nosey, I had a look to see what was inside. Big mistake on my part because now I'm falling in love with him all over again and the first time that happened, it ended in heartbreak.

Anyway, inside the box sat an abundance of letters. One for each day he was away I gathered by how many there were. But that wasn't the only thing in there. A small, pale pink baby grow with a larger piece of paper attached was folded up at the very bottom.

At that point my hands were shaking so badly, I had run out of the room and bumped into George at the stairs. I was ready to tell him I was leaving but as soon as I saw him I melted and stayed another two hours.

I don't regret not reading any. I don't think I would've been able to come today. I'm barely getting through things as it is. However, it did change my mind about one thing and left me with the knowledge that me and him need to have a sit-down talk.