𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

'He had a cigarette with his number on it

'He had a cigarette with his number on it.'
-LDR

"Right fucking hook, George! What are you doing?" Riley Gunn shouts at me as the older lad I'm boxing gets my jaw again.

Fuck, I don't know what's gotten into me but I've never been this bloodied or bruised up in a while. The man opposite me takes a staggered step back and holds his hands up, putting a stop to the brawl.

I duck under the rope and spit out a mouthful of blood. Riley comes behind me, slaps my back and hands me my water bottle. "The fuck, George? Everything alright, mate?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I'm far from fucking fine. I'm coming down, hungover and I've just had the shit kicked out of me.

Harper's still at mine, I dropped her there when the night came to an end at four in the morning. I took a shower, slept for three hours then gave in and realised I couldn't sleep in the same house as her after the night we just had. I fucking missed her. Missed her like crazy and couldn't do anything about it.

I sit on the bench in the dingy changing rooms, head between my legs, hands massaging my temples. I love her, I do. Never stopped. There was never a second where I even doubted the love I had for her. It fucking hurts not being able to do anything about it.

Taking a breath, I take off my shorts, run the water in the shower and quickly wash off the sweat coating my skin. My knuckles are sore and probably broken but when I get out of the shower, I wrap them in a bandage, shove my bag under the bench and throw my clothes back on.

"I'll be seeing you later," I call out as I jog up the stairs and out into the Brick Lane alley. Tony sits in the passenger seat of my town car, my driver beside him. It takes a bit to take get to Park Lane but eventually, I get there and enter Forbes.

"George," Enzo, my bodyguard stood outside the door that leads down to the offices puts his hand out to stop. "Someone's in there."

"What the fuck do you mean? Who's in there?" I push past him, angry now. Inside my office, sits Harper swivelling around on my chair behind my desk.

"Oh, hi," she stops spinning, looking like I just walked into her office. "What happened to your hand?" She frowns, walking over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I take a seat on my leather sofa, try to avoid her eyes because I know I'll do something stupid if I look at her. "You don't start work till tomorrow."

Harper waves her hand around, "I was passing by, on my way to have a Sunday roast with my family and thought I'd pop in."

Nodding, I pour myself some Glenfiddich. My phone vibrates with an email so I go over to my desk, tap her hip and sit down.