𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

"Oi, have you seen this?" Charlie turns his phone screen around to show me and the boys

Glancing over the Tatler article, we all burst out laughing. "Charlie Canning, football legend, he kicks the ball, misses the goal and scores Swedish heiress, Astrid Friberg." He reads out the title while we all try to calm the fuck down.

"And he'll still deny he's shagging her," Carter points over at him, pushing his blonde mop of hair out of his face.

"Yeah, it's almost like because I'm not," Charlie throws his hands out, so red with anger that I think he's going to fucking explode. "How would you like it if this was about Haysie?"

"Oi," I point over at him, not liking him bringing up Harper one bit. "Don't talk about her, yeah?" Shake my head and open the car door because we've pulled up outside the Forbes jet.

Not sure what me and Harper are at the moment but I know she's not angry at me so it's something. I suppose it's a bit of a trial run, always is between me and her till she forgives me.

"Don't even bother with it, mate," Carter nudges his shoulder with mine as we shake hands with the air stewardess. "It's not like Charlie's gonna go have it off with your girl, is it?"

We find seats at the back, the first ones here other than my parents in the upstairs cabin. "Nah, I know it's just—"

"You're fucking in love with her, boy. Don't even deny that shit," Carter laughs, nods his head at the flight attendant who offers us tumblers of bourbon. Major bedroom eyes going between them as she saunters off back to welcome Albie and Charlie.

"Don't tell me you're planning on fucking doing that?" A bit of my drink dribbles down my chin as Carter gives me a dirty look.

"Don't you fucking worry about where my cocks going—"

"Woah, woah. Save that talk for later, lad," Albie and Charlie sit on the seats across the aisle from us. Charlie gives me an apologetic look with his eyes, just shake my head and slap him on the shoulder.

I zone out a bit, my eyes locked on the tarmac that jets still sitting on. My mind is blank as the boys start up conversation, the liquor burns my throat in a comforting blanket. I'm only really thinking about Haysie and what's in it for us now.

"Miami baby!" Astrid saunters down the aisle, the very girl I was thinking about and her best friend trailing after her. She holds two bottles of Dom, gives Charlie a bit of a lap dance before throwing herself down in the seat next to him.

"Hi," Harper bends down at presses her lips to mine, bit of a shock, not really like her but I'm not complaining.

"You alright?" She goes to walk to the seat behind me but I pull her by the waist onto my lap. Mia sits next to Carter and immediately pulls out her laptop.

Harper gently closes the screen, Mia giving her a laugh and opening it back up. "Give it a rest for one day, we're going to Miami!" Harper bounces around on my lap, clearly not realising how this is making for an awkward fucking situation.