Chapter 14

Izuku laid back in his bed as he sighed, looking up at the ceiling before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Izuku then awoke in the mind scape looking around for a moment and seeing most of the past users standing around him.

Izuku: "H-hello." he said as he looked to the ground.

Banjo: "Hello Izuku." he said looking at the green head...

Izuku: "Where's Nana?" he asked, glancing up ever so slightly and not seeing her usual yellow cape.

En: "She's... isolated herself." he said, looking away for a moment.

The mindscape was then filled with an uneasy silence as an uncomfortable air filled the room.

Banjo: "If no one's goanna ask then I will," he said walking up to Izuku and clearing his throat, "Why... why'd you do it kid?" he asked, his expression becoming saddened.

Izuku: "I... I couldn't take it anymore." he said, looking away," All my friends had died suffering. The people I loved tortured and murdered without a second thought. My mother, the people I saw as my children... and when I finally killed Shigaraki I... I was finished... with everything." he said.

Silence then once again filled the room, not even a sigh to break the silence, before Yoichi walked over to Izuku and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Yoichi: "I think I can understand." He said, "When my brother first tried taking over the world so many years ago, I rebelled against him, as you know." he explained, "The thing is when I did, he set out to do the same as what he did to you, so I did my best to isolate myself from the world, but I knew that eventually he would've destroyed everything. So, I tried getting help," he said, glancing at the 2nd and 3rd, "But I know that it they would've died before I did, I don't think I would've been able to handle it either."

"But don't you think that, in the end all your effort was worth it?" he asked, "A great evil, finally gone, and the world around was entering a new stage of peace."

Izuku: "I... I know." He said, "B-But I had no one... I-I felt like I was trapped in a cycle of falling in love, caring for some and then they would just..." he said, the room going into silence again.

After a few moments En got up from his spot and talked over to Izuku.

En: "Izuku," he said, "Why don't you talk to Nana?" he asked, "I know you're going through... a lot right now, and so is she, but I think you both talking will at least help." he said, giving a smile, "Just go that way." he said pointing into the darkness of the mind scape.

Izuku then sighed before walking off in the direction En pointed at him.

Banjo then sighed as he held his hand over his eyes.

Banjo: "We're pretty shit at this, huh?" he said, "But what's done is done, right Toshi?" he said, looking into the mindscape that was adjacent to the direction Izuku went in.

. . .

Izuku continued to walk in the darkness, trying not to think of the past before he was finally able to see Nana. She was sitting on the ground with her head buried into her knees as she sobbed.

Once he was close enough, he nearly said something, but his words were caught in his throat. He tried again and again, but still nothing came out. So, he moved behind Nana and sat down, the sobbing suddenly stopping.

Nana: "I... Is that you Midoriya?" she asked.

Izuku: "Y-yes," he forced out.

Nana: "Wh... why did you-..." she tried asking before he voice faded.