CHAPTER 10: The Ranger Ribbon

Kanan POV

All of us were in the park, walking towards a tree.

"Where are you taking us, Preston?" Levi asked.

"You will see" Preston replied.

"Isn't that the ribbon tree?" Brody asked when all of us run towards the tree that was full of ribbons. "Oh, man. I remember this when I was just a kid" he said as all of us were getting really close to it.

"Wow, there are like, thousands of ribbons" Sarah said.

"But, I don't - I really don't get it" my dad said.

"Yeah..." I said.

"Yeah. What is the deal?" Levi asked.

"It's so great. You tie a ribbon up on the tree to symbolize really important moments like family, friends" Preston said.

"Me and Cal put one up on our anniversary" Hayley said.

"I can remember me and my wife put one up after Kanan was born" my dad said.

"Yeah and I can remember that me and Keigo put one up the day we started training to become Pro Heroes" I said.

"Well, now we're going to be on the tree together" Preston said as he was showing us a grey ribbon with all our names on it and it's in our Ranger colors.

"Oh. Brody, Preston, Calvin, Hayley, Sarah, Kanan, Mr Matthews, Levi" Brody read the ribbon out loud.

"Mm-hm. A Ranger Ribbon" Preston said.

"That's a great idea. Well, let's put it up on the tree" Calvin said. "How about right here?" he asked.

All of us was putting up the Ranger Ribbon onto the tree until we were interrupted by horn honking.

"Huh?" Sarah said as we were seeing cars and trucks coming close to the tree.

"Who is that?" Levi asked.

"What's going on?" Brody asked as all of us were standing in front of the tree and saw a bunch of men were holding chainsaws in their hands.

"Clear out of the way, kids and sir. This tree is coming down today to make way for a new building" a man said.

"They're cutting down the ribbon tree?" Hayley asked.

"They can't do that. Can they?" Sarah questioned.

"Well, we won't let them" Preston said. "Unless you really put a ribbon onto it, you can't touch this tree" he said.

"Oh, really?" the man said as another car just showed up behind them.

"The boss is here" the man said as another man who was in a black suit, came out of the car and he was being followed by Victor and Monty wearing the same business outfits.

'What the heck?' I thought.

"What's with the hold up? I want this tree down immediately or I will use your Christmas bonuses to buy a new jet" Mr Tien said as Victor and Monty were following his actions.

"Sorry, Mr Tien. But those kids and a man are in the way" a man said.

"What kids and a man? Preston?" Mr Tien questioned when he saw Preston.

"Oh, hi...dad" Preston greeted, really nervously.

"Is that your dad?" Sarah asked.

"Don't tell me that you have something to do with this. What do you think you are doing?" Mr Tien questioned.