SPECIAL CHAPTER 4: The Green Ranger's Birthday Surprise

Brody POV

All of us were in the base, currently setting up for Kanan's birthday party. Preston came back into the base after making sure the coast was clear. "This is probably one of the hardest things to ever pull off" Preston said. "Just have a little more faith, Pres. Once we got this stuff ready, we need to hide it somewhere where Kanan won't see any of this stuff at all" Hayley said.

"Tomorrow's going to be really great" Levi said. I would do anything to try and protect her since she's like my sister to me, which Brody agreed too. "It's Kanan's first birthday with her dad in a really long time but it's really cool that we're dong all of this for her" Brody said. Suddenly, the fan opened as we turned around nervously. Calvin came into the base. Hayley, Sarah and Mr Matthews sighed in relief. "You should've seen the look on your faces. It looked like Galvanax was about to show up" I said.

"Ha ha. We didn't want Kanan to find us doing this" Sarah said. "Don't worry, she's outside doing some training. What about the cake?" Calvin asked. "Don't worry. I've ordered a special cake at the bakery" Mr Matthews said.

Kanan POV

All of us ran up to the location where a monster called Splitfacer was, Morphed. "Snack time's over for you!" Brody said.

"The Ninja Steel Rangers!" Splitfacer said.

"You're really done now!" Levi said as he and Sarah were charging at him.

"Body swarm!" Splitfacer said as he turned into a bunch of balls swarming the two of them. 

"It's like playing dodgeball but with teeth on them" Sarah said. He came for the rest of us. He hit Brody, then Preston and then he knock down Hayley onto the ground. 

"You will make a fine dessert" he said as he was about to take Hayley's spirit.

"Hayley, no!" I shouted as I pushed her out of the way just in time. He took my spirit instead of hers as I seen it leaving my body before I passed out.

Brody POV

"Kanan!" I heard Hayley shout. I looked over to see Kanan having her spirit taken by the monster. Hayley went over to her lifeless body. "Kanan!" me and Levi shouted.

"What did you do to her?!" Calvin shouted as he and Mr Matthews were attacking the monster.

"Kanan? Kanan, are you ok?" Hayley said.

"Her spirit was really delicious. And in 24 hours, it will be mine, forever" he stated.

"Huh?" Sarah said. "What?" Levi questioned. "Forever!" I panicked.

"Of course. If you can defeat me, you can have their spirits back. But you won't have a chance cause I am going back onto the Warrior Dome" he said.

"What?" Mr Matthews said.

"Guys, we need to stop this creep" Hayley said, holding a lifeless Kanan in her arms.

"All of you should try to enjoy one last day with your friend because I am leaving and never coming back" he said.

"No! We won't let that happen!" I called out.

"Yeah!" Preston agreed.

"No way!" Sarah said.

"Yes way! See ya" he was about to leave but Sarah and Mr Matthews went after him.

"You're not going anywhere!" Preston called out. The others were attacking him but his body swarm just over powered them. He left with a final goodbye to head back onto the Warrior Dome.