CHAPTER 16: Monkey Business

Kanan POV

All of us were at school while we were waiting for Calvin and Hayley to show up.

"Morning guys" Brody greeted.

"I would say that someone overslept" Preston said.

Hayley looks really upset.

"Stop, stop...she's really mad at me" Calvin said.

"Student Body Elections. Interesting" Hayley said as Principal Hastings appeared in front of us.

"That's right! You really could make a good president, Hayley, you should run" Principal Hastings said, handing Hayley the clipboard and a pen.

"Yeah, maybe I should run for president" Hayley said as she wrote her name down.

"Interesting in running for president, Calvin? What about you, Kanan?" Principal Hastings asked as Hayley coughed a little.

"I don't know...I nearly finished school" I said.

"Why don't you try it out songbird" Keigo said as my dad agreed.

"Uh, ok then. I'm going to run for president" I said as I'm getting really nervous about this after I wrote my name down.

"Well..." Calvin started to say.

"The president really needs to get things done, Calvin is too laid back. He can't even pick me up on time" Hayley said.

"Oooh!" all of us said.

"Too laid back?" Calvin questioned.

"Yeah" Hayley replied.

"Can not get things done?" Calvin questioned again.

"Yeah" Hayley replied again.

"Hmmm, well...how's that for getting things done?" Calvin asked as he wrote his name down as well. "I'm going to run for president too" he said.

"You? Really?" Hayley asked.

"Yep" Calvin replied, popping the 'p'.

"Well, you're on...boyfriend" Hayley said as the two of them shook hands.

"Bring it" Calvin challenged.

"I will" Hayley said.

"You're going down" Calvin said.

"No, you're going down" Hayley said as Principal Hastings walked away from us.

🐤DRAGON MASTER🐤

Brody and Sarah was with Calvin while Preston and Levi was with Hayley. I'm currently with Keigo and my dad behind the others.

"Poster boards, badges, markers" Levi listed.

"Uh-oh, we really forgot to get the markers" Hayley said as she was checking her bag.

"Here, take two of mine" Calvin offered as he handed her the markers. "You can always rely on me" he added.

"Thank you" Hayley said.

"Man, this is going to be so much fun" Brody said.

"We flipped a coin and me and Brody are going to help Calvin win" Sarah said.

"Unless you want me and Levi help Hayley to win first" Preston said as he has put his arm around Hayley's shoulders.

"Well, may the best person win" Calvin said while crossing his arms.

"Oh, she will" Hayley said.

All of us heard a bike bell rang nearby.

"Hey, look!" Levi said as we saw a monster.