Get along

Your pov
My eyes opened fully and I looked around the room. Mikey was holding one of my hands while Leo and Raph had theirs resting on top of my other. I looked up at the figure who held my head and saw a dark-skinned girl. She smiled at me. "April O'Neil. I helped save your life." I gave a weak smile back.

I saw Donnie sitting to her left. I couldn't get mad. Could I? He didn't know. He wasn't smiling like the others. He looked at me with fear and regret. 'No...' something about him being upset made me feel... wired.

I gently pulled my hand from under Leo and Raph's and reached behind me to him. I held it out, not wanting to make him uncomfortable from touch. He looked at it, then back to me. I nodded the slightest bit. He carefully took it into his own hands.

I tilted my head back to look at April. She was pretty. 'Thank you' I opened my mouth but again couldn't find words. "She says thank you." I looked over to Donnie. He was looking at April. "Oh. Well... you're welcome?" She looked between me and Donnie not knowing who to acknowledge.

Donnie's hands were warm like he was before. I tightened my grip around his and relaxed my body. 'I'm okay...' I looked back at him. 'I'm okay.' He shook his head. "Hey, if we're done with this whole dying thing, I'd like to have breakfast before we start the day."

I looked back at Leo. He wasn't wearing his mask. Neither were Mikey and Raph. 'Oh, God.' I looked up at Donnie. 'Did I wake them up?' He shrugged and rolled his eyes."I think that was the least of our problems."

Everyone stared at us. "Uhh... what?" Raph spoke out. Donnie and I looked at him. "Mystic stuff." He looked back down at me. "We will explain later, brothers and April." He went back to talking "professionally".

I sat up slowly on my elbows. April's hand were on my back for support. Mikey let go of my hand and moved back to give me some space. I crossed my legs. I bought my free hand to my face and rubbed it. That was when I realised that Donnie and I were still holding hands. I felt my face heat up and I let go. He did the same.

I turned my body and looked at April. I moved my fingers to make the letters "S" and "L". "Sign language?" She followed soon after. I nodded my fist up and down. "Why can't you just-" Donnie nudged her lightly. She looked at him and shrugged. "She's having..." he looked at me for confirmation. I gave a small nod in return. "A mental shutdown. According to them it will last a few days."

April hummed and looked back at me. 'It's a pleasure to meet you.' She signed with me. Wow, she was good. 'The feeling is mutual.' She gave me a smile to which I returned. Leo clapped his hands together and bought attention to him. "Alright, we've met and made up, time for breakfast."

I looked back at April with an unimpressed look. 'Is he serious?' I asked. She nodded and rolled her eyes. 'Trust me, you're going to get used to it.' She laughed.

Mikeys pov
They were talking in sign? We all learnt some for April's sake. She said that one day we might stumble across someone who is deaf or cannot communicate with words. It actually came in handy for Don. He had trouble speaking sometimes.

They were talking about Leo. April laughed. Leo peeped his head over. "You talkin' shit bout' me?" Y/n smiled. 'Well, considering I nearly died and you just keep pressing on breakfast, yes we are.' She then pushed Leo in the face sending him to the ground. I giggled and stood up. "Well, what better way to start this morning than with a warm breakfast anyway?"

I smiled at everyone and began to walk out. "Waffles and pancakes in ten people. Show up late, you don't get a plate." I walked out the door and into the kitchen. I slipped on an Apron and got out the ingredients for pancakes and the Waffles from the fridge. I put the Waffles in the toaster and started to make the batter.

While I was whisking it all together I was joined by Y/n. I stopped. Dr Feelings could sense something wrong. 'What's up?' I asked before washing my hands. The Waffles in the toaster popped and I swooped them onto a plate and put in more. I leaned on the table and waited patiently for a response. 'Do you... do you know Draxum?'

What an odd question. "Well, yeah. Why do ya ask?" I said as I poured some of the batters into a hot pan. I put the heat on low so that it took a little longer. I turned back and saw terror and fear on their face. "Y/n?" I took off my apron and walked over to the other side of the table.

Her breathing was short and fast. "Y/n... you can talk to me." I gently put a hand on her back. They didn't freak out. She took a deep breath and looked at me. 'Just...' I took my hand off and played close attention to them. 'Don't bring him over. Please?'

I looked at them confused. 'Also the pancakes are burning.' She pointed to the pan that had smoke emitting from it. I panicked and slid over the counter. I grabbed the pan and flipped the pancake onto a plate. "Aw, man." I pouted as I slipped it into the bin.

As I made a new one my curiosity began to grow. "Y/n?" They hummed quietly in response. "May I ask why?" I turned around again. She sighed and rubbed her temples. 'We... don't get along well.' I nodded. They didn't seem to keen on talking about it so I left it there.

April and Leo came and sat on either side of Y/n. "So Y/n. Any chance you are free tomorrow?" April started. I slipped my apron on and looked over to Y/n. They shook their head. "Great. A friend of mine and I are having a girls day in the city. Wanna come?" She stayed silent for a while. 'That could be fun.'

Word count: 1080
A/n: Hello again readers. What a fun chapter. I think I'll let you decide your clothes from now on. I feel kinda bad for choosing for you since this is supposed to be based on you. Anywhizzle. Thank you and goodbye.