Unexpected

Your pov
Wow, these people really don't expect much. "Cough, cough. We are here." Leo and April looked to where Donnie was standing while I looked at Donnie himself. "Did you just say the word; cough?"

Leo gripped the side of the ladder and stepped on the first bar while gesturing to his twin. "That's his thing. Along with sarcasm, tech, and other dorky shit."

I trailed through my memories while watching Leo open the manhole. I could remember Donnie saying "scoff" when he was talking with April. It was cute. 'Wait... what?!! No, it's not!' "Y/n?"

I looked up to the open manhole and saw April staring down at me. She laughed. "Come on, gurl." She put a hand down for me. "We gotta go." I smiled back and took it.

I climbed over the edge and found the cover. I slipped it back on with ease and dusted my hands off. Leo and Donnie were on their phones at the end of the alley. April and I walked up to them.

I looked past the wall and saw the crowds of people walking by. There were so many humans. Things that he hated. I stepped out and spun slowly on my heel, looking around.

A large figure bumped into me, knocking on my bag. I rolled my eyes and turned my head. 'What is with these buff people and thinking that they own the sidewalk?' April stepped out and held my shoulder. "You good?" I looked at her. "Not yet."

I stepped away and walked so that I was closer to the ass wipe that walked into me. "Hey, buff guy!" I yelled out. He turned around.
"Can I help you, pipsqueak?" He walked closer and sized up to me.

I smiled like a maniac and looked at him through my brows. "Yeah. Next time watch your step. Wouldn't want you to lose something." I put a hand on his shoulder and squeeze real hard. He hissed and yanked it away. His face grew with fear.

I fixed my face to a normal smile and laughed. I did a solute wave and walked off. "Dick for brains." I whispered to myself. April and the twins caught up with me. "Oh, hey guys." Leo and Donnie looked slightly terrified. "Okay, you need to teach me to do that." April spat out.

I shrugged, giving her a raised brow. "That look you did." I looked at the floor retracing my steps. "Oh. The Kubrick stare?" She put a hand on her hip. "Well if that's what you did then fuck yeah." I laughed then looked around.

It was 5 in the morning. Why was it so busy? In the hidden city, it wasn't as crowded as this. Sure there were a few larger yokai here and there but nothing that filled the path. I shoved my hands into the pocket of my jeans and looked at the floor.

Up top wasn't really that appealing either. The streets had a lingering stench that filled my nose. Every curb you looked at had a homeless person sitting on it. They reminded me of myself.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. "Earth to space ranger." Donnie mocked as he waved a hand in my face. I looked at him. "You were out again." Again? "How many times have I zoned out?" Leo stepped forward and leaned on Donnie's shoulder. "About four times."

I laughed and held the back ok my neck. "Sorry." I looked around again. There was a Cafe that was opening across the street. I pointed to it. "What if we go there for a bit? You know, wait for the other places to open."

We all agreed and blended with the people to cross the road. The cars looked different from the sheets of paper in the alleys. More futuristic. We stopped at the door and looked at each other. "Cahfeh?" I tried to read the sign.

They all laughed. I joined before asking how to say it. "It's Cafe. And I thought I was bad at reading... do you know how to read?" April linked arms with me as we walked in. "No... I want to learn though. And how to write." "Ohhh, is that why your spelling was shit?"

I turned to the purple hooded turtle. Speaking of shit, he had a shit-eating grin plastered on his face. "Try to spend the majority of your life alone and underground." We sat at a red leather booth. "But you know so many languages. And you know to sign. How do you not know how to do the basic stuff?"

A waiter came to our table with menus and a pad and pen for himself. He handed us the sheets and smiled.
"Welcome to the Late Cafe. What can I get started for you?" His voice sounded oddly familiar. I took a closer look at him.

His blonde hair was tied half up and half down with a blue hair tie. There were red streaks scattered in it. His two front teeth were slightly bucked like a... "Yuichi?"

He looked away from April to me. He was in the middle of taking her order. My sudden speaking caught the attention of Leo. "Y-Y/n?" I stood up and hugged him. "Hey, bunny boy."

Usagi always had work shifts with me. We would take each other's shifts if one couldn't make it and transfer the money later. I pulled away and scuffled his hair. "You didn't tell me you worked up top." He smiled. "You didn't tell me you came up top." He laughed.

The others just stared at us. "Oh, right." I turned to that I was side on with the boy. "This is April O'Neil. And I'm sure you know these two from somewhere." The purple and blue turtles looked at me. I looked around and saw that no one was there other than us.

I turned back and nodded. They both pulled down their hoods and looked up at me and Usagi. "Oh, the turtle regulars. Wait... L-Leo?!"

Word count: 1016

Thank you and goodbye