Sudden

Your pov

We separate with a light noise from our lips and Donnie looks back. His head covers my view. I'm glad but also not. I wasn't focusing on the voice so I didn't know who it was.

Donnie moves his hands and turns around completely. I cover my face and shrink behind him trying to hide.

"What... was that?" Leo. Donnie rubs the back of his neck and stutters. "I- ha you see..." there's another set of steps. "Yeah. We saw." April.

I grab into the back of his coat but don't say anything. I could sense that he needed help but I couldn't move or talk. I was frozen.

"How long has this been doing on, Dee?" Mikey. I tense more and my jaw clenched making my teeth grind.

"Wait. I can explain-" "Then explain, Donnie." Raph. They were all here. They all had to be here.

I couldn't read their voices without mixing them with scenarios in my head. Anger, sadness, joy, disappointment, or discomfort.

Donnie moves his head back and looks at me from the corner of his eye. I look at him. He eyes the crowd before us and back at me.

I take a deep breath. It can't be bad... right? I step to the side and let go of his cloth. My eyes found the ground more interesting.

I pick at the scab on my finger and chew on the inside of my cheek. Donnie grabs my hand and rests it by my side. He holds my pinky with his.

I look at him. He's still looking forward before glancing at me for permission. I think. It can't be bad. I lift my head up and down.

He smiles at me. His face is still a light red. He looks back. I straighten myself and look at his family.

"Three days." I keep my eyes on him. His facial expression and features. He had tied his mask back on already. His mask with those stupid eyebrows.

"Dating for two days and confession was on one, to be exact." I hear the others shift. My breathing hitches and I look back at the ground.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

My heart skips a beat and I choke quietly. He didn't tell them because of me. He didn't tell his family because of me.

"Personal issues." He states. I gasp and look up at him. He's still looking forward as he shrugs. "We wanted to be sure."

I hear a quick pace of footsteps approach us. I flinch back and tilt my head away and squeezed my eyes closed.

I feel warmth take me in. Light arms around my shoulders and a head on my shoulder. My eyes open and I stop breathing.

"Thank the pizza supreme!" Mikey. He pulls away from me and holds my shoulders. "We thought he'd never fess to you."

My eyebrows raise with my wide eyes. "Uhh... what?" I see Raph walk behind him. "We are getting sick of his little 'I have a crush but I'm not gonna say cuz of my bad boy image' act."

I look at Donnie. "Bad boy image?" I feel a smile come back. He jolts his head back and closes his eyes. "But of course. My emotionally unable bad boy image is still here, brothers."