35

ANA

I hear a door slam open and the voice I hear sends chills down my spine. He's here. Matt.

"Here!" He yelled, "here's the fucking money. Where is she?"

"Matt!" I scream, "Matt I'm here!" The tears come to my eyes and within seconds they're falling down my cheeks.

"Is she down there?" He snaps, "where the fuck is she? Here's your money. Here!"

"Woah big guy who are you talking to?" Someone else asks, "you come into my house and get loud? You better sit down homie."

"Matt!" I cry, "Matt please get me out!" My bedroom door opens. "Matt!" I scream again, "I'm in here!" The door closes and a man walks over to me. He grabs my hair and pulls my head back. I squeeze my eyes together. I feel a towel wrap over my mouth and now my cries are muffled, almost silenced.

"Shut up bitch," he gripes, "or you won't live to say another word." I start to cry harder as he walks out of the room.

"Come on man I never meant for this to happen-"

"You're not understanding man. She's not coming with you. Your money is useless. The boss chose her. She took your spot. You need to leave."

"What?" He asks, "no. There's a mistake. No. Where is she?"

"She's ours dawg. You need to leave now."

"I'm not leaving without her. Take this, I'll pay you for her. Just- come on guys let her go. At the beginning of this I thought I had a year-"

"Yeah well life's not fair and things change. Get out now." He asks again where I am.

"You don't want this to get ugly."

"Woah- okay. Alright. I'm leaving. For now. I'm coming back though, she isn't yours. She won't ever be. You understand?" No. No, don't leave. Please don't leave Matt. Please don't leave me here. The door shuts and I cry out as loud as I can. I know it'll do me no good. My head falls forward.

The door opens, "so. I guess you heard him then?" The boss walks behind me and takes the towel from my mouth. "Isn't it cute he tried to buy you back?"

"I never agreed to anything with you."

"You agreed with Raj though," he smirks, "and that's enough for me. I'll tell you what, he brings back triple and he can have you."

"A hundred and fifty thousand? I'm sorry but I'm not worth that much-"

"I beg to differ. The amount of people who are willing to spend big bucks on virgins and pretty white girls, it's a crazy market. I could easily make that much from you. Easily. Get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow."