58

ANA

"You ready?" Matt walks in with a smile on his face, "we'll swing by Chases and then we all go up there together."

"Okay," I nod, "yeah I'll be done in just a few minutes."

I finished putting on my makeup and doing my hair. I put on my normal outfit; tshirt, jeans, boots and a hoodie.

I walk out into the living room where Matt sits on the couch. He starts to smile and stands, kissing my forehead before opening the front door. I walk out and get in his car. He just bought an all black impala. It's actually really nice. High miles but it'll get you where you need to be.

We make small talk the whole way to Chases. When we get there the two of them are quick to come out. They get in the car and we're on our way.

"So how far of a drive?" Jada asks.

Matt starts to laugh, "a few hours. I'd just get comfortable. Chase, you didn't tell her about the drive at all?"

"She didn't ask," he shrugs.

"Oh yes I did!" She laughs defensively, "yes I did. So many times!"

I can't help but laugh now. We pull down one of the backroads, I can't remember the name. Jefferson I believe... I'm not sure. But we're alone on this road until we see a car on the side of it. A man all bundled to keep warm stands on the side of the road waving at us. As we get closer he walks out to flag us down.

"Don't stop bro," Chase shakes his head.

"No we can't just—no. It's cold," Jada argues.

"I agree," I nod, "maybe we can just jump it. Make it fast."

Matt sighs with Chase, "alright. Hold on. Stay in the car." The moment he says that and steps out I feel a pit in my stomach. I decided to step out and walk with him to the car. At this point he doesn't stop me. No reason to make a scene.

We step up to the windows and that's when we see a man inside with a gun pointing at us. I freeze.

"Get in the car," the man says.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Matt growls.

"Get in the fucking car!" He repeats.

Both of the men have a mask that covers their nose down and a stocking hat and covers everything but their eyes.

"Matt-Matt we should-" I try to reason but suddenly I hear a smack and a thud. I turn my head to see Matt and the man on the ground fighting. I hear the car door and within seconds his arm is around my neck and a gun barrel rests on my head.

"Get in the fucking car or I shoot her!" He screams, "Get in the fucking car!"

I recognize this voice but who is it?

Matt spins around and stands up, hands in the air. He tries to make him let me go.

"The car!" He presses it into my skull harder, "NOW!"

"Matt, do it!" I cry, "please-"

"Okay," he walks over, "okay I'm- I'm getting in-" he does just that and the first man, the older one, gets in and puts a bag over Matt's head. The guy by me does the same, putting a bag over me and tying my hands together. I'm pushed into the car.

The doors shut.

"Shh shh it's okay," he whispers, "it's okay don't worry-"

"What's going on?" I cry, "who-who is this! Who are you!"

"Shut up bitch," the older man mumbles, "before I fucking shut you up."

I don't say another word.