⁰¹⁶ last words of a shooting star

All of this turbulence wasn't forecasted
Apologies from the intercom. . .

────────

"Thanks for the ride, Y/n," Armin said sincerely, cracking a smile as he stepped out of the company-owned car.

"No worries, Armin," you reply as you shut the car's driver seat door.

Today had been... Eventful. No, more insightful. Especially when it came to Mikasa. But you were relieved. Relieved that this game with unspoken rules would be over soon. Your mind had been all over the place for this past week as you tried to decipher Mikasa's strange behaviour. What threw you for a loop the most, however, was Mikasa's sudden but welcome appearance as you were trying to get some shut-eye in before you would drive back to the studio.

The fact that you honked the car's horn with your forehead as you jolted awake bought embarrassment to surface. That, you wanted to pretend never happened. But alas, here you were. A two-hour drive from the desert to the studio, done with your two A-lister passengers alive.

Phew.

"Yeah, thanks Y/n. But before we do, I'd just like to point out that, I, Eren Jaeger was in the car before Armin on the way back." Eren's voice had a prideful drawl to it as he walked towards the side of the car that you and Armin were on. He flitted his gaze between the two of you as he leaned against the car, arms crossed over his chest and a smug look on his face.

You watched as Armin rolled his eyes. "Probably just an anomaly. Do you know how many times you've been late?" Armin chided pointedly, staring straight into Eren's eyes with his lips pressed into a thin line. "Do you want a pat on the back? A gold star, perhaps? This is quite a rare occurrence."

"Hey!" Eren protested, a hand over his chest causing a laugh to spill from your lips. Eren turns his head to glare at you, green eyes capturing your own.

"You think this is funny?" Eren sassed which Armin finds amusement in.

"Oh, extremely," you retort, the corners of your lips turned upwards. You played along, knowing Eren meant no harm.

His glare deepens as he points an accusatory finger at you. "Don't think I've forgotten what I've seen... It gave me nightmares for days," he trails off ominously. You flinched at the reminder of the risqué situation Eren found you and Mikasa in, heat rushing to your cheeks.

You let out an unintelligible noise, a side effect of your mortification. "That's because you were late!" You sputter, gesturing widely.

"Maybe if you weren't late, Eren..." Armin mumbles causing Eren to glare at him once more.

Eren scoffs. "You know what-"

"Just go home already, Eren." You perk up at the sound of a new voice. Your eyes search for its owner, a twinge of a smile appearing on your lips as you spot Mikasa walking towards the three of you.

"Oh! look, Y/n. It's Mika!" Eren coos, his faux annoyance immediately disappearing as soon as the opportunity to tease Mikasa presented itself. Mikasa stops in front of your trio, a glare fixed on Eren. God, if looks could kill. Eren would have been dead before Mikasa had even reached him.

"Mika?" Armin muses, an amused grin on his face.

Eren barks out a laugh. "No, no, Armin. Only Y/n can call her that. I apologise, I must have forgotten."

Armin nods his head slowly in understanding, his eyes portraying a new sense of mischief that wasn't there before.

Mikasa notices this too, and groans in annoyance. "We're leaving," she huffs as she flicks her gaze to you, expectant. Thankfully, the glare was gone.