⁰²⁶ sour times

Forbidden fruit, hidden eyes
Courtesies that I despise in me. . .

────────

[photo_of_historia_and_ymirs_engagement_rings.jpeg]

liked by conspringer, mikasa, ynln, and 1.2m others
ymirlandvik ☑ great minds think alike 💍 love you forever, h <3
24k comments
23 hours ago

mikasa ☑ Congrats you two!! I love you both endlessly 🤍
ymirlandvik ☑ @mikasa ily too miks 🖤

ynln NO FUCKING WAY SHE HAD A RING TOO??
ymirlandvik ☑ @ynln YES SHE PULLED IT OUTTA HER PURSE WHEN I GOT DOWN ON ONE KNEE
ynln @ymirlandvik well congrats told you she'd say yes 🥳🥳🎊
ymirlandvik ☑ @ynln 🥺🖤

conspringer ☑ bro 😭
ymirlandvik ☑ @conspringer bro? why are u crying?? the hell is that supposed to mean
conspringer ☑ @ymirlandvik no i mean like...
conspringer  ☑ @ymirlandvik congrats bro 👍
ymirlandvik ☑ @conspringer bro 🥺
conspringer ☑ @ymirlandvik bro 🥲❤️

-

"A turtleneck?" Anna eyes you suspiciously, her gaze lingering on your neck.

You shift uncomfortably in your chair at Anna's line of questioning, her perceptive comment earning Elliot's curious eyes to join the conversation. The small bruises peppered across your neck felt almost hot to the touch, the fabric of the garment scathing against your skin.

It seems that Mikasa gave you two gifts on Sunday night – a gorgeous necklace you would cherish for the rest of your life and a bouquet of bruises that appeared to have only blossomed more over the past two days. Yesterday went swimmingly enough even though you had to spend an extra ten minutes concealing your neck. Unfortunately for you, however, you had slept through your alarm today, so turtleneck it was. It also didn't help that you were required to be on set at six thirty today.

Trying to salvage any remnants of your dignity left, you clear your throat and force an act of nonchalance. "A mock neck, Anna. But thanks for noticing."

Elliot tuts dramatically, shaking his head at Anna disapprovingly. "It's fashion, Anna. You wouldn't understand."

"Thank you!" You chime in, grateful for Elliot's defense.

"Don't worry, Y/n," Elliot replies, making a 'don't worry about it' gesture with his hand. But your momentary relief was soon undone by Elliot's faux appraisal look on his face. "Excellent choice for the weather, huh? Impeccable taste for when the sun makes you wanna pass out half the time."

You groan, rolling your eyes at Elliot's sudden betrayal. "It's sleeveless!" You retort, perhaps a little too defensively, now that you thought about it. It was no use; you know you're not fooling anyone, but it didn't hurt to try.

Anna raises an eyebrow at your sudden defensiveness while Elliot just chuckles. "Yeah, yeah. Just teasin' you," he says through a knowing grin.

Despite the lively atmosphere between your small group, the three of you were absolutely, undeniably, clueless. You see, while you had been expecting another day of mundane office tasks and running errands for the sleazy higher-ups, Alice just had to foil your plans by announcing a last-minute 'Super-duper exciting surprise meeting!!' Her words- or, text rather. Not yours.

The three of you had all been summoned to the studio, bright and early, at a time way too early for this mysterious rendezvous. Was it an emergency? Were you planning a surprise birthday party for Jieun from Lighting? Who knows.