Chapter 4 "I'd run away and hide with you"

~Ethan~

8/3/24

That Friday I woke up with this melody running through my mind since very early in the morning. The Neighbourhood, it's my favorite group and honestly I have spent almost a year without hearing a song of them.

This song hit different though, I can't explain how did that melody arrived to my mind but it didn't get out, specially that one part of the song... The Beach, I would say it's my favorite song but anything made by that band was on my favorites.

I'm sick and I'm tired too
I can admit, I am not fireproof
I feel it burning me
I feel it burning you
I hope I don't murder me
I hope I don't burden you
If I do, I do

A shiver ran though me when I whispered that part, the fifth verse got stuck in my throat but I eventually let it go. I had to.

༄ ❅ ༄

5/5/22

"Elevators are boring." Iria spoke next to me, I hadn't even had time to press the bottom and she was already complaining.

"Human's means of transport are boring." I assured leaning against the elevator wall.

Yes, I've called an elevator a mean of transport, my mind screamed when Iria gave me a haughty look. She did that when I said something wrong although she understood what I meant.

Why would I want to express myself correctly with words when I had her, who understood me so well?

"I hope that today we won't play seven minutes in paradise," Iria crossed her arms above her leather jacket -the fact that nobody has pressed the bottom yet is worth being highlighted. "I'll die if we have to get in another closet."

Her disgust grimace made me laugh. I hated when people shipped us too, it was worse when they tried something to happen between us.

"It's the worst," I agreed. "What do they seriously think? That we will come out with our clothes misplaced, our hair disheveled and lipstick marks on our skin whenever we have the chance to spend some minutes in a tiny room?"

Silence invaded the elevator for some seconds, it couldn't be further from being an awkward one, it was just the silence before we shared out loud the same idea that crossed our minds.

I turned my head to Iria slowly, letting time for the smirk to appear on my face. Iria had a huge smirk on her face when I fully faced her.

"We are late, they are all probably upstairs already waiting for us." I leaned to Iria, she was in front of the bottoms so I had to reach out to press the one of the highest floor.

"This will be hilarious." The laugh was already starting to appear in her voice.

༄ ❅ ༄

8/3/24

Proposing to Iria wasn't something I had in mind when I entered my room last night, sure it will be a fake marriage, it couldn't be further from being something legal, I had prepared some fake documents just in case but I still needed to get the wedding rings that Iria wanted.

The excitement warmed me up as I walked through Boston's streets, I didn't remember the last time I had that chill running through my body, I barely remembered the last time Iria and I went on a trip.