Chapter 52 "I tried to write your name in the rain"

~Ethan~

15/5/24

I stepped on Boston knowing very well what I looked for but for first time being afraid to find her. Evelyn... my purple, I needed more of those rushes of live that her touch gave me, it was all I thought about when I teleported to her loft, it surprised me to find her so soon, normally when I burst into her house she's hidden, waiting in the next corner to approach me and win me in a fight.

I guess I can be proud to say I taught her how to fight properly.

Evelyn moved from a side to other, it took her five seconds to notice me and she didn't even face me yet. She stopped dead, apparently realizing I stood behind, her expression was the one of a scared person when she decided to turn around once and for all.

"Get the hell away from me."

Who was going to say what scared her was me?

Her tone firm but with fear broke some glasses in me, she held my gaze, her eyes just assured me the honestly of her words, which didn't stop sounding harsh.

Evelyn started walking, this time away from me, she didn't move from a side to other on the first floor but went up the stairs in an attempt to put distance between us. I could say I followed her but I just teleported in front of her by the time she reached the bed.

"Evelyn, talk to me." I demanded grabbing her wrist, I needed her to look me in the eyes and be honest, just like I needed to check the purple magic still showed up to the touch of our skins.

The purple appeared, it was more noticeable than usually but it also seemed broken, pieces of what it once was. I realized then that the magic I thought we owned together revolved more around my arm than hers.

"You are hurting me..." She whined, I knew by looking into those aqua blue eyes, today broken, that she told the truth. "You are hurting me a lot and I don't want you to end up destroying me."

Evelyn tried to escape my grip but I didn't let her, she couldn't tell me that and walk away.

Guess I pissed her off.

"Let go!" She screamed pulling her arm with all her strength to break our touch until she succeeded and finally the magic faded, more broken than ever. "I don't want to be the next girl who dies in your arm." Her words spoke anger but in her eyes there was sadness.

And in mine? In my eyes there was my ripped heart that didn't have strength to hide anymore.

Low blow, cabin boy.

I let her run away, I couldn't move while she ran downstairs but then I blinked, my view got less blurry and I saw the reality, one in which I refused to leave without knowing what broke our magic.

Even startled when I showed up in front of her once again, until that moment the question hadn't crossed my mind.

Why didn't she use her power?

"I told you to stay away." Now she stepped back, her voice wanted to sound as harsh as angry but her eyes just got sadder and more broken.

"Talk to me, cabin boy." I repeated, giving a step forward, I hoped the slight nuance to address her by that nickname changed something.