Chapter 33 "I don't mind if there's not much to say"

~Iria~

29/8/21

"Ouch." I complained at the little tap Ethan gave me on the forehead when he walked past me, taking a seat on my bed next to me.

I wasn't paying him attention what bored him but today I didn't care, I was busy.

"Could you stop stalking Jackson Boucher and look up from your phone?" He snorted, I moved my hand in the air downplaying his attitude, my eyes still fixed on the phone.

"No, I can't. He's so good at sports, he's handsome, hot and... he broke up with his girlfriend?" I sat up immediately in bed, frowning at the screen without believing my eyes.

Was I dreaming?

I scrolled up and down Jackson's profile noticing the same all the times, he delated all his pictures with Sabine. I hurried to enter Sabine's profile and... there weren't pictures with Jackson anymore.

Those pictures were on their profiles yesterday.

I had no doubts about their breakup when I realized Sabine had delated the date she had in her biography next to a heart and a lock.

"Jackson is not single." Ethan almost mocked, letting out a slight evil chuckle without being aware of it.

I handed him my phone for he to look at the proofs, he seemed as baffled as me when he understood what everything meant.

"I think I don't even like this boy for you." He told me meeting my gaze when he handed me back my phone. I raised en eyebrow.

Really?

"And which boy do you like for me? A nerd? Am I supposed to date a boy who thinks he can win me at chess? Or maybe one who believes he's more intelligent than me." My voice had left the joking tone aside, I knew what he meant and so did he.

I'm smart, I'm well aware of that, just like I can be shy most of times with people who aren't friends and I know I'm considered a nerd. It's fine until people start treating me like less.

Because, why would Jackson Boucher date someone like me? He would probably never do it but I can still dream about it.

"I didn't mean that." Ethan tried to calm the situation. I wasn't angry though deep down his words did annoy me.

"I know." I reassured him with a smile. I had spent some minutes looking up from my phone in order to look Ethan in the eyes, when I averted my gaze down again I had a notification. "And he just requested to follow me."

༄ ❅ ༄

5/4/24

I thought I would drown, I was almost sure of that until a pair of athletic arms grabbed me and swam away from the water with me. I clung to that person as if my life was on it what happened to be the deal at the moment. I took the deepest breath ever attempting to catch as many oxygen as I could when we reached the surface. I realized then it was J.D the one who jumped in the water to save me.

I couldn't help comparing this situation with the last time I jumped into water, when Ethan and I jumped from that cliff. I didn't mind not knowing how to swim back then, when Ethan took me out of water holding my hand I didn't fear anything, the excitement warmed me up, I could just cling to Ethan without stopping my smile. Now I had this freezing feeling installed in me, there wasn't excitement and I did fear for some seconds.