Chapter 16 "No shirt, no blouse"

~Iria~

18/3/24

"A purple mushroom." Molly finally found the words she had been looking for.

She broke into laughs afterwards, I rolled my eyes at her, my hair didn't look like mushroom, perhaps if I wore a fridge but it wasn't the case.

"I'm kidding, I actually like it. The purple color suits your blue eyes."

I reminded silence for some seconds, my gaze lost as I nodded. I agreed blue suited purple but my eyes weren't blue what Molly was aware of, his were. It was an impulsive decision to change the color of my contacts, I enjoyed meeting his gaze when I looked in the mirror.

It hurt but not more than what I was used to.

"Hey, you haven't told me about your honeymoon."

I looked up to Molly confused.

"I have literally spent the whole day telling you about my so-called honeymoon."

We found ourselves in J.D's house, in Molly's room for being more specific. Since she saw me this morning at high school she hasn't leave my side, asking thousands question so that she would know every single second of that week in which we hadn't seen each other.

Sure I didn't tell her about every second of the honeymoon.

"I know but you haven't told me about the honeymoon." The way in which she emphasized 'the' made me raise an eyebrow. "What happened between your husband and you?" Her tone became playful though it wasn't that what brought a smile to my lips.

"Vivian and Milo..." I whispered not being aware I said it out loud. "They were the married couple we pretended to be." I hurried to explain. Molly kept smirking from her bed.

"Did Vivian and Milo consummate the marriage?"

I shook my head now pursing my lips. Molly gave up in her rigid posture faking nuisance.

"So you and Ethan didn't fuck?"

I advised Molly with the gaze to cut the crap, however I didn't hold back from answering.

"No."

It wasn't a lie.

"Nothing?"

My hesitation gave me away, Molly opened her eyes widely suspecting there was something and I could just held her look with a stern expression that didn't help my guilty silence.

"Ethan and you...?" I started to hate her tone.

I realized the chair I was sat on had wheels and could spin so that's what I did, spin still sat on the green plastic chair.

"Molly, please don't, I'm too tired for this. It's not the first time Ethan and I kiss, it has never changed anything in the past and it won't change something now."

But this time there wasn't just a kiss.

I have been trying to forget the last kiss we shared since he left me in the shower after the attack he seemed to have had. I couldn't find a sure answer of what could have happened to him though the best hypothesis I could find was that it had to do with her.