Chapter 40 "Go ahead and cry, little girl"

~Iria~

18/10/21

That Monday I wore my favorite -and only- skinny jeans. Mother hated that I wore skinny clothes, she hated even more when the clothes were skinny at the legs or butt, yet I put on those jeans together with a white shirt and my favorite sweater and headed to school, Ethan walked beside me as usual.

Ethan and I didn't talk much during the walk, instead I had time to think. I thought about Jackson, I thought about my first time having sex with him and about the other times we had repeated since the Wednesday we were alone at his house. I also forced myself to don't think about the after-sex, I had decided that was the worst part.

Ethan opened the door of the school building for me before I would bump into it, I was too into thoughts but I ditched the thoughts away when the atmosphere of the high school invaded me. I have never been a huge fan of the crowds, Saley High wasn't different, however today it did feel different.

I felt people's eyes on me hitting different, their looks were different, the way they held their phones in their hands, switching their eyes from the screen to me was surely different. My feet also stopped moving when a different fear slid down my spine.

I knew how to recognize the signs my body sent me when I felt like something bad would happen. Who would have told me this wasn't the kind of bad thing I was used to predict?

I understood it was very bad when I could turn my head to the side, where Ethan stood, and saw him looking at his phone too, he didn't laugh as the rest, he didn't whisper as that group of girls, neither did he pointed at me as some people started to do. He looked up, our gazes met and I saw in his eyes cracks while he must have seen in mine broken pieces.

He suffered because I did, he tried to protect me when I wanted to see what everybody was seeing except me but his efforts were in vain, I got a text too.

«I wanted to be the one sending you this. SENT LINK»

It was a message from Jackson, I opened the link with trembling hands, I didn't know what to expect or maybe yes. Ethan had gave up when he saw he couldn't stop me from seeing whatever the link hid and just fixed his eyes on me, everybody fixed their eyes on me.

My eyes filled with tears in less time than I intended, it must be because my eyes were already wet, though I didn't avert my gaze from the screen until the video didn't finish. The link opened the video that an anonymous person posted on the internet, I recognized myself almost immediately, then I recognized Jackson, I recognized his room, his bed and my moans.

Oh my moans.

I recognized my first time and now everybody would do it too.

The phone started to burn in my hands, so did the tears in my eyes, everything became blurry and then I looked up, between the blur of my wet look I saw him, surrounding Sabine's waist as he just parted his lips from hers, he was surrounded by some lacrosse players from his team and some ice girls from Sabine's squad.

He was Jackson Boucher, the king of the high school who had just fooled another naïve girl and she was Sabine Cloutier, his true queen, the witch whose mocking eyes followed me all the way when I ran away crying to the girls' restroom. I locked myself in a stall and shrugged, crying as for very first time I felt my eyes shining for an emotion I didn't know, the feeling of a broken heart.

Life had broken my heart in multiple occasions but this... this pain was way worse.

༄ ❅ ༄

21/10/21

Ethan had turned into my bodyguard, he followed me everywhere and glared at everyone who glanced at me then at their phone, he also asked me hundreds of times a day if I wanted him to kill Jackson, puncturing the tires of his car was a very repetitive vengeful act in his mouth. I also repeated hundreds of times that I didn't want to do anything, hitting Jackson wouldn't heal the humiliation. Still, whenever I rejected the revenge I caught Ethan murmuring something about how the 'anonymous' video won't stay like that.