Epilogue 2

~Ethan~

It's been four years since the wedding, I left behind the medical books two years ago and right now I was in residency at the hospital, closer each year to become a surgeon. In the boarding school we also left behind our old dorms after we came back from our honeymoons. Both, Chrystal and I, as well as Tristan and Iria, had 'moved' to a big room, with a single double bed and a private bathroom.

After seven years of relationship -eight if you count junior year- it was more than enough time to be allowed to share a bed, the ones of the dorms were rather small for two people.

Chrystal and I began to look like the black sheep of the family, because of her work as teacher in the boarding school and my work in the hospital we didn't attend as many missions as the rest of the supergroup. Chrystal was more likely to join them, I have been pretty busy with my career but I tried to go on the important missions. Tristan and Iria were the ones deep in that world, they didn't miss a single mission.

They have actually been talking with Mason to take 'the missions' to another level. Mason, at his fifty-seven years of age had already mentioned some times the idea to leave the tittle of principal to both of his children, even if Chrystal would be the one taking 'more care' of the boarding school now that, as I said earlier, Tristan was too deep in the spying world.

Mason joked saying he would make it official when he held his first grandchild in his arms. I laughed without grace knowing Iria and Tristan better started with the task if I wanted my wife to have an office in the boarding school with the name «Mrs. Jones» on the door.

The idea that would give another objective to some mission was supposed to be put into motion once Chrystal was recognized as the headmaster of the boarding, at least that was the main plan. Iria had the idea to turn the boarding school into something like Hogwarts, or at least that was how I messed with her. She wanted to look for under age superhumans around the world who were as lost as we once were. Iria wanted to add a new section to the boarding school that could include some special classes and training that those supers would have separately from the human students.

It was an amazing idea in my opinion and of course her husband supported her. I already offered myself to do medical exams to the supers that arrived at the boarding.

I stopped in front of my room when my phone vibrated in my pocket, I just got an message to confirm the vasectomy I appointed for next Monday.

Appointment I hadn't mentioned to Chrystal.

I frowned at the phone screen. It wasn't like Chrystal wasn't aware of what I thought about babies, we already had that talk. She knew I didn't want to have kids, yet I still felt like I was betraying her in some way... I decided to keep the phone back on my pocket and confirm the appointment once I had talked with my wife. I found her sat on our bed when I walked in the room.

Chrystal didn't realize I walked in at first, she looked nervous, she had her thumb on her mouth as she did when she overthought. I didn't have time to ask her if something was wrong, she talked before I could open my mouth.

"I have to tell you something." Her eyes seemed to be filled with concern when she looked at me.

"I also have to tell you something." I walked to her with the intention to sit next to my wife in our bed but Chrystal didn't wait for me to be sat.

"I'm pregnant."

I stopped dead, just in front of her, I wasn't even aware I gave a step back. My brain stopped working in that moment, I hadn't blinked yet and I think it was because I didn't want to process the information.