Chapter 9 "Take you like a drug"

~Ethan~

28/4/20

The class turned into loud voices, arguments and the sound of sneakers walking fast through the gym floor. The phys ed teacher put a video to the class to introduce the new lesson, in the last trimester we always learned some dance, this year it was bachata.

"Grab a pair and practice bachata." Were the words that turned the gym into pure noise.

Everybody was busy looking for someone to start dancing with while the Spanish lyric of the songs started to sound in the place. Some people looked for their friends, other tried to dance with someone they felt attracted to. I found myself standing still in the floor, I have heard my name being called at least five times, all by different female voices but I acted fool even when they started to get closer. I searched around and my eyes fixed on her.

Iria was also still, shyly standing in a corner to don't bother. I didn't think twice when I walked to her, grabbed her hands and took her deeper in the dance floor.

"Save me from the psycho girls who want to rub themselves against me, baby." I begged after making her turn on her axis, I had pulled her closer to the point she collided with me chest.

Iria stepped back to grab both my hands taking on the dance position. I caught a couple of concepts from the video; two horizontal steps, slight movement with the opposite hip to the direction of my steps and repeat to the other side. Iria stuck to those instructions and so did I, at first we both kept our eyes fixed on our feet, trying to take the right steps until we were in sync.

Qué bien te ves
Te adelanto, no me importa quién sea él
Dígame usted
Si ha hecho algo travieso alguna vez

"Wow... what a technique, baby." I looked up from our feet to look at her, trying her to do the same with my joke.

Iria chuckled, meeting my gaze when she started to make the movement of our intertwined hands defined.

"You showed the forbidden dance moves." She mocked, I laughed.

Actually, she gave me an idea...

The movements that made up the bachata we were dancing became more intense, we were having a good time feeling the music and laughing when we attempted to dance like professionals. I even forgot that we were in class until the teacher turned all looks to us.

"Exactly! Take a look at Ethan and Iria, they are dancing perfectly."

Iria looked at me with some fear mixed with shyness starting to bloom in her eyes, all eyes were on us but I didn't plan to stop dancing. The song reached a part in which the singer mixed English with Spanish what I found cool, I got over enthusiasm and truly showed the forbidden dance moves.

How 'bout if you and I, me and you
¿Bailamos bachata?
Y luego you and I, me and you
¿Terminamo' en la cama?

I made Iria turn again, when her turn finished I pulled her closer to my chest keeping the movement of our feet at all time, she ended up dancing grabbed to chest, without space between us. Then I made her turn again, this time just so she would give me her back and grab her waist from behind, keeping the steps.